|District||Far North District|
Waiharara is a community at the base of the Aupouri Peninsula in Northland, New Zealand. State Highway 1 runs through the community. To the west is Aupouri Forest, and beyond that Ninety Mile Beach. To the east is Rangaunu Harbour. Houhora is 22 km north west, and Awanui is 16 km south east. Lake Waiparera, 35 metres (115 feet) above sea level, is immediately to the north west.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 3. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 16. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- "Ninety Mile Beach". Encyclopedia of New Zealand (1966).
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Waiharara School". Ministry of Education.
- "Time Line". Myrasplace Family History Centre.
|This Northland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|