|• Total||10.7 sq mi (27.8 km2)|
|• Land||7.5 sq mi (19.3 km2)|
|• Water||3.3 sq mi (8.5 km2)|
|• Density||550/sq mi (210/km2)|
|Time zone||Hawaii-Aleutian (UTC-10)|
Wailea is a census-designated place (CDP) in Maui County, Hawaiʻi, United States. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 5,938. Prior to 2010, the area was part of the Wailea-Makena census-designated place.
Wailea is located at (20.690104, -156.439108).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 10.7 square miles (27.8 km2), of which 7.5 square miles (19.3 km2) is land and 3.3 square miles (8.5 km2), or 30.70%, is water.
Wailea Resort is a 1,500-acre (6.1 km2), master-planned resort located on Maui's sunny, southern leeward coast. Its development is guided by two important documents: a master plan that allegedly ensures low density and good community planning, and the Wailea Community Association's design guidelines which claim to preserve Maui's island environment in all new building projects. Wailea was named one of the country's 99 Best Recreational & Residential Private Communities in America. Many of Wailea's single-family and condominium complexes offer gated entryways for enhanced security and privacy. Utilities are buried underground, and roadways are landscaped. Nearby are Wailea's many amenities, including restaurants, championship golf courses, tennis facilities, shopping, and beaches.
Major employers in Walea include the Grand Wailea Resort, Four Seasons Resort Maui, Fairmont Kea Lani, Marriott Wailea Beach, the Wailea Golf Club, Wailea Beach Villas, Tommy Bahama, Spago, Polo Beach Club, Wailea Grand Champions, and Destination Residences Hawaii.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Wailea CDP, Hawaii". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wailea CDP, Hawaii". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090804054652/http://www.wcamaui.com/Rules.htm. Archived from the original on August 4, 2009. Retrieved December 29, 2011. Missing or empty
- Search Results - Kihei, Hawaii - ReferenceUSA Current Businesses