The Wailers Band
|The Wailers Band|
|Labels||Island Records, Atlantic Records, Tabu Records, RAS Records|
|Associated acts||Bob Marley & The Wailers
The Original Wailers
|Members||Aston "Family Man" Barrett - bass & Lider
Aston Barrett Jr - drums
Josh Barrett - lead vocals & Guitar
Junior Marvin - lead vocals & Guitar
Tyrone Downie - keyboards
Earl Wya Lindo - Organ
Secco Patterson - Percusion
Donald Kinsey - Guitar
|Past members||Carlton Barrett
Alvin "Seeco" Patterson
Earl "Wire" Lindo
Irvin "Carrot" Jarrett
Josh David Barrett
Previous Wailers' incarnations
The Wailers started as Bob Marley, Bunny Livingston and Peter Tosh. Following the demise of The Wailers, Bob Marley proceeded with his group Bob Marley & The Wailers, with the Wailers Band as the backing band, and the I Threes as backup vocalists. The Wailers Band consisted of among others bassist Aston "Family Man" Barrett and his brother, drummer Carlton "Carly" Barrett, who had been members of Lee "Scratch" Perry's studio band, The Upsetters, with whom The Wailers had recorded some of their most notable songs.
The band continues to play live in concert, and in 2006 they played on 311's Summer Unity tour along with Pepper. In 2010, they toured again with 311, mostly focusing on the Pacific Northwest of the USA. As of 2006 the lineup included: Koolant Brown on lead vocals, Aston "Family Man" Barrett on bass, Keith Sterling on keys, Drummie Zeb on drums, Audley Chisholm on rhythm guitar and Cegee Victory on background vocals.
In 2014 The Wailers embarked on the worldwide "Legend Tour 2014".
In 2015 they performed in India for the first time.
In mid-2016, Family Man & The Wailers are regrouped with the meeting with their original musicians, naming "The Wailers Reunited".
At the same time of this meeting of the Original Wailers Band, is touring one cover band formed by former members who took part from 2003 to 2015, calling themselves "Wailers". The case is already in court.
Members The Wailers Band 2016 (Reunited)
- Aston "Family Man" Barrett - bass & Lider
- Aston Barrett Jr - drums
- Josh Barrett - lead vocals & Guitar
- Junior Marvin - lead vocals & Guitar
- Tyrone Downie - keyboards
- Earl Wya Lindo - Organ
- Secco Patterson - Percusion
- Donald Kinsey - Guitar
- Legend Tour (Live) (1984)
- Lives On (Live) (1995)
- My Friends (Live '95-'97) (1997)
- Live at Maritime Hall (1999)
- Live In Jamaica (2001)
- Live (2003)
- Legend Live (2006)
With Other Artists
- Reggae Vibration with Joe Yamanaka (1982)
- Reggae Vibration 2 with Joe Yamanaka (1983)
- It's About Time, with John Denver (1983)
- Reggae Vibration 3 with Joe Yamanaka (1984)
- "Makisupa Policeman" for Sharin' in the Groove (2001)
- Jerusalem (Alpha Blondy album) (1986)
- Inkarnation, Iya Karna album with the Wailers (1986)
- "A Step for Mankind" with Duane Stephenson & Bishop Lamont, Solutions for Dreamers: Season 3 (2010)
- HiFi Calypso, with Karl Zéro (2004)
|Year||Single||Artist||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|2008||"Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven"||Kenny Chesney||1||41||49||
||Lucky Old Sun|
|2012||"Al Leila Ya Samra"||Mohamed Mounir||—||—||—||Arabiac Studio|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
|2008||"Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven" (with Kenny Chesney)||Shaun Silva|
|2010||"A Step for Mankind" (feat. Duane Stephenson & Bishop Lamont)||Luke Archer |
|2013||"Spread The Love" (with Kenny Chesney)||Shaun Silva|
- Lee Scratch Perry Interview, New Musical Express, 17 November 1984
- "Wailers break ground in India", Jamaica Observer, 28 October 2015. Retrieved 1 November 2015
- ""A Step for Mankind" by the Wailers (Music Video)". YouTube.com. Oniric Records. 16 September 2010. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
The single is "A Step for Mankind" by the Wailers featuring Duane Stephenson and Bishop Lamont. It is featured on Oniric Records' "Solutions for Dreamers : Season 3" benefit compilation album for the United Nations World Food Programme. Enjoy this beautiful Music Video put together by director Luke Archer.
- "American single certifications – Kenny Chesney – Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH