Waimauku is a small locality in the Auckland Region of New Zealand. It is in the Western Ward of the Rodney District. Waimauku is approximately 4 kilometres west of Huapai on State Highway 16 at the junction with the road to Muriwai Beach. Helensville is 16 km to the north-west. Waimauku is a Māori word which is literally translated as wai: stream and mauku: varieties of small ferns.
The Auckland Regional Council announced in 2007 that Western Line rail services would be extended to Helensville for a one-year trial period commencing in July 2008. This service would include a stop at Waimauku. A new station platform was built at Waimauku and the service commenced on 14 July 2008. This service has since ceased and the platform is currently unused.
The local secondary school is Kaipara College.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. map 11. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. map 34. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Wises New Zealand Guide, 7th Edition 1979. p.475
- Auckland Regional Council Summary Draft Plan 2008/2009
- Radio New Zealand. "Commuter train services to return to Helensville". Retrieved 2007-06-28.[dead link]
- Dearnaley, Mathew (2008-07-14). "New commuter train services". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Waimauku School". Ministry of Education.