Wairau Valley, Auckland
|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Glenfield North||Forrest Hill|
Wairau Valley is a suburb of the North Shore in the Auckland metropolitan area of northern New Zealand. The area is predominantly light industrial/commercial. The Northern Motorway passes to the east, and the Wairau Park shopping complex extends to the north. Wairau Valley is part of the Glenfield North census area. The valley is drained by the Wairau Creek, which flows on through Milford and discharges into the Hauraki Gulf from an estuary at the northern end of Milford Beach.
Education and recreation
Wairau Valley Special School is a coeducational special school, with a roll of 180 students as of March 2019. It caters for students up to 21 years old with intellectual disabilities. The North Shore Events Centre, an indoor arena, is in Wairau Valley.
- Gregory's Auckland & Surrounds Street Directory (3rd ed.). 2008. map 57. ISBN 978-0-7319-2048-8.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Glenfield North
- "Directory of Schools - as at 3 April 2019". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Education Counts: Wairau Valley Special School
- "Mission and Aim". Wairau Valley School.