Wait 'til You're Older
|Wait 'til You're Older|
|Directed by||Teddy Chan|
|Produced by||Teddy Chan
|Written by||Chan Suk-Yin|
|Distributed by||Media Asia Distribution Ltd.|
|Box office||$2,577,734 (Hong Kong)|
Kwong (Howard Sit) is a young boy who lives with his father (Felix Wong) and stepmother (Karen Mok). He blames his stepmother for the suicide of his mother 3 years earlier and continually runs away from home. One day, while walking to school, he meets an eccentric old man (Feng Xiaogang) in the park who accidentally pours a magic potion he has created down a drain. The next day, a huge tree has grown from a seedling in the drain. Kwong goes to the man's house and steals the potion, falling and breaking it as he tries to run away. Some of the potion enters a cut in his hand, and the next day he wakes up to find he has grown to the age of 20 overnight. Kwong (Andy Lau) is thrilled that he has become an adult and is able to finally run away from home without being recognized. As he gets older each day, he learns more about being an adult and about the situations of those around him.
- Andy Lau – Kwong
- Karen Mok – Tsui Mun
- Felix Wong – Chan Man
- Nicola Cheung – Miss Wong
- Feng Xiaogang – Bum, the drifter
- Gordon Lam – Vice Principal - Chow
- Howard Sit – Kwong - Kid
- Chapman To – Policeman
- Kristal Tin – Policewoman
- Jacky Wong – Billy
- Li Bingbing – Kwong's mum
- Cherrie Ying – Miss Lee
- Ho Chim-Pui – Bear
- Ho So-Kwok – Basketball team captain
- Big, a 1988 fantasy-comedy film about a boy who makes a wish "to be big".
- "Box office by Country: Wait 'Til Your Older Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04
- "Wait 'til You're Older". imdb.com. Retrieved 2 July 2010.
- "Wait 'til You're Older". chinesemov.com. Retrieved 2 July 2010.
|This Hong Kong film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|