Waiting for You (film)
|Waiting for You|
|Directed by||Charles Garrad|
and Charles Garrad
Waiting for You is a British mystery drama film written by Hugh Stoddart and Charles Garrad and directed by Charles Garrad. It stars Colin Morgan and Fanny Ardant with Audrey Bastien and Abdelkrim Bahloul featured in supporting roles.
A coming-of-age feature that centres on Paul Ashton, played by Colin Morgan, who investigates his late father’s increasingly disturbing past and becomes suspicious of the mysterious, melancholic and probably dangerous older woman, Madeleine, played by Fanny Ardant.
- A young man who goes to France to look for something he thinks is owed to his dead father.
- A mysterious, melancholic and probably dangerous older woman who is suspicious of Paul Ashton.
- Audrey Bastien as Sylvie
- The lively daughter of a bar owner, she directs Paul Ashton to "Madame Brown's."
- Abdelkrim Bahloul as Ahmed
- The Algerian retainer, who is doing his best to keep Madeleine Brown's house from falling.
- Clare Holman as Janet
- Norah Lehembre as Celine
- Bellamine Abdelmalek as Hassan
- Fergus Craig as Dave
- Vincent Jouan as Antoine
- Sam Cox as Len
- Jacky Nercessian as Archivist
- Daniel Poyser as Tony
- Fred Pearson as Fred
- Pamela Betsy Cooper as Mouner
- Rachel Gill as Funeral Attender
- Sona Vyas as Nurse
- Atlantik Bikliqi as Funeral Attender
- John Neville Family Member
Artist and Production designer Charles Garrad makes his feature directorial debut on the project, which he describes as "a lyrical mystery." The film, written by Hugh Stoddart and Charles Garrad, was designed by Ben Smith and shot by cinematographer David Raedeker.
It was announced that Waiting for You started principal photography in France on 1 June 2015. The film, funded by private equity, did a shoot for five weeks on location in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of southern France until June 20. Production then moved to Ilford in the UK for a week. Filming ended on 25 June 2015.