Wajah Tum Ho
|Wajah Tum Ho|
|Directed by||Vishal Pandya|
|Screenplay by||Vishal Pandya|
|Story by||Sameer Arora|
|Edited by||Manish More|
|Box office||₹14.40 crore|
Wajah Tum Ho (lit. The reason is you) is a 2016 Indian Hindi-language crime thriller film directed by Vishal Pandya. It features Sharman Joshi, Gurmeet Choudhary and Sana Khan, in lead roles. The film revolves around a live murder committed on television.
The production of the film began in February 2016 and principal photography was commenced in May 2016 in Mumbai and was wrapped by October 2016. The trailer was released on 14 October 2016. The film was released on 16 December 2016.
The movie starts by showing a lodge where a policeman is having sex with a young girl and then goes out to meet the girl's boyfriend. The policeman blackmailed the couple because he caught them with drugs and the girl made a deal with him to have sex in exchange for dropping all charges. After the policeman leaves, he gets into an accident. When he regains his consciousness, he finds himself chained where, a computer genius hacks a T.V. channel owned by Rahul Oberoi (Rajneesh Duggal) and broadcasts the live murder of a police officer called Ramesh Sarniak. The Assistant Commissioner of Police, Kabir Deshmukh (Sharman Joshi), interrogates Rahul Oberoi wherein Sia (Sana Khan), a lawyer, tries to defend his case. Sia has her boyfriend Ranveer (Gurmeet Choudhary) as the prosecution lawyer.
During the investigation, Kabir Deshmukh considers Karan Parekh (Himmanshoo A. Malhotra), Rahul's old business partner, to be the suspect. ACP Deshmukh tracks Karan's location in a hotel and goes to catch him. Upon reaching the hotel, he discovers that Karan is missing and is also being murdered on live television. Later, Inspector Deshmukh finds out that Rahul and Karan were involved in raping a girl named Rajni (Prarthana Behere), an employee in Rahul's company. Inspector Deshmukh reaveals this to Ranveer and Sia wherein Ranveer speaks out about the fact that an old man had saved Rajni from being raped and filed a complaint against Rahul and Karan. At that time, Rahul and Karan were prosecuted by Ranveer in the court. However, Ranveer lost the case as the old man had died in a fire explosion in his house and was the only witness for that case.
Now, it is clear that Rahul was not involved in any of the murders. Eventually, the police consider Rajni to be the suspect. Rahul now decides to flee India, but is not allowed to leave because his sugar level drastically increases. In no time, the police get to know that Rajni has gone missing and learn that Mac, Rajni's boyfriend who is also an employee in Rahul's company, is involved in the murders.
As ACP Deshmukh comes to know that Rahul is to be hospitalized, he goes in search of Mac to save Rahul from being killed. Inspector Deshmukh runs behind that ambulance and learns that Rahul is missing. Mac takes Rahul to the same place where the police officer, Ramesh Sarniak, and Karan Parekh had been killed. Rahul finds himself tied and gets shocked when he sees Sia there. Sia reveals to Rahul that she is the one who killed the officer Sarnaik and Karan. It is further revealed by Sia that the old man who helped Rajni didn't die in an explosion but was murdered by Rahul, Karan, and the officer Sarnaik. Sia further reveals that the old man who was killed was Sia's father. Sia then attempts to kill Rahul by increasing his sugar level. During the process, Rahul reveals to Sia that it was of no use to kill them as the real killer is still alive. Rahul tells her that Ranveer was bribed by Rahul and Karan to save them and also planned the murder.
Thus, Rahul dies and, heartbroken, Sia leaves from there. Soon, ACP Deshmukh comes to know that Sia is the killer. Sia takes Ranveer to the same place where the murders were committed and reveals to him the truth and also tells him to admit his crime. Knowing this, Ranveer refuses to do so but is being tricked by Sia as she had called the police and the whole statement was recorded and traced during her call.
This leads to a fight between them in which Inspector Deshmukh arrives and fights with Ranveer. During the fight, Sia takes a gun and shoots at Ranveer, killing him.
In the end, it is shown that Deshmukh forgives Sia for her crime and also leaves his job.
- Sharman Joshi as Assistant Commissioner of Police Kabir Deshmukh
- Gurmeet Choudhary as Ranbir Bajaj
- Sana Khan as Siya a.k.a Ankita Sharma
- Rajneesh Duggal as Rahul Oberoi
- Leena Kapoor as Karan's Girlfriend
- Himmanshoo A. Malhotra as Karan Parekh
- Deepen Gandhi as Head of Cyber Crime
- Sherlyn Chopra as Dancer - in a song " Dil Mein Chhuppa Loonga "
- Prarthana Behere as Rajni
- Zareen Khan as Dancer - Special appearance in the song "Maahi Ve"
- Manisha Saxena as Rahul’s Secretary
Sana Khan, Sharman Joshi and Gurmeet Chaudhary were signed in by T-Series for this film. Marathi actress Prarthana Behere was also signed for this film. Filming was wrapped up within five months, between May and October 2016.
The full soundtrack of the film was released on 4 November 2016 which includes nine songs, out of which four are recreated versions of yesteryear classics. Three old Hindi film songs - "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas" (1973 film Blackmail), "Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho" (1977 film Darling Darling) and "Maahi Ve" (2002 film Kaante) were used in Wajah Tum Ho. Zareen Khan did a special appearance for the song "Maahi Ve". The film was shot in Mumbai and Georgia. Arijit Singh publicly accused music producer and composer Abhijit Vaghani for retuning his voice in the film.Tulsi Kumar sings for four tracks in Wajah Tum Ho. The music rights of the film are acquired by T-Series.
|1.||"Wajah Tum Ho"||Manoj Muntashir||Mithoon||Mithoon, Tulsi Kumar||4:55|
|2.||"Dil Ke Paas"||Rajendra Krishna||Abhijit Vaghani, Kalyanji-Anandji||Arijit Singh, Tulsi Kumar, Neuman Pinto||4:31|
|3.||"Dil Mein Chupa Loonga"||Kumaar||Meet Bros||Armaan Malik, Tulsi Kumar, Meet Bros||5:31|
|4.||"Maahi Ve"||Kumaar||Gourov Roshin||Neha Kakkar, Amit Gupta||6:05|
|5.||"Wajah Tum Ho (Solo)"||Manoj Muntashir||Mithoon||Mithoon||4:55|
|6.||"Dil Ke Paas (Unplugged)"||Rajendra Krishna||Abhijit Vaghani||Armaan Malik, Shamita Bhatkat||4:56|
|7.||"Wajah Tum Ho (Lounge Version)"||Manoj Muntashir||Mithoon||Mithoon||5:09|
|8.||"Dil Ke Paas (Indian Version)"||Rajendra Krishna||Abhijit Vaghani, Kalyanji-Anandji||Arijit Singh, Tulsi Kumar||4:23|
|9.||"Maahi Ve (Unplugged)"||Kumaar||Gourov Roshin||Neha Kakkar||4:24|
|10.||"Wajah Tum Ho (Mashup)"||DJ Kiran Kamath||3:33|
- "Wajah Tum Ho - Movie - Box Office India". www.boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- Hungama, Bollywood (17 December 2016). "Box Office: Worldwide Collections and Day wise breakup of Wajah Tum Ho - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- Sana Khaan: Gurmeet Choudhary and Sana Khaan wrap up Wajah Tum Ho's shoot. Times of India (3 October 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- "Wajah Tum Ho: Why so much noise over intimate scenes, asks Sana Khan". 20 October 2016.
- Sana got sleepless nights before shooting for 'Wajah Tum Ho'. Deccanherald.com (14 October 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- Vishal Pandya: Sana Khan refuses to get intimate with several actors for a song. Times of India. Retrieved on 18 October 2016.
- Ready to witness live murder on TV?. Times of India (14 October 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- Wajah Tum Ho trailer released, Sana Khan rains hotness. Abpnews.abplive.in (14 October 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- Wajah Tum Ho trailer: This steamy trailer is strictly NSFW, watch video. The Indian Express (14 October 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- "Demonetization ka effect: Makers of Wajah Tum Ho move release date to 16 December! - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 28 November 2016.
- Zareen Khan to recreate Malaika Arora Khan's 'Maahi Ve' song from 'Kaante' – Entertainment. Mid-day.com. Retrieved on 18 October 2016.
- Hungama, Bollywood (4 April 2016). "Sana Khan goes bold for erotic thriller Wajah Tum Ho - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Sana "Khan: Can't believe it's me in 'Wajah Tum Ho'"". Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Sharman Joshi to star in Vishal Pandya’s erotic-thriller Wajah Tum Ho"
- Hungama, Bollywood (6 April 2016). "Gurmeet Choudhary signed for Bhushan Kumar's erotic thriller Wajah Tum Ho - Bollywood Hungama".
- Prarthana in WTH. Twitter.com (15 June 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- "Gurmeet "Choudhary and Sana Khaan wrap up Wajah Tum Ho's shoot"". Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Music review: 'Wajah Tum Ho' - Times of India".
- "'Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho' recreated for 'Wajah Tum Ho' - Mumbai Mirror -".
- Guess who’s stepping into Malaika Arora Khan’s shoes to recreate a hit item song – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (14 October 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- Excited to shoot the song for Wajah Tum Ho, says Gurmeet Choudhary. The Indian Express (14 August 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- "Arijit Singh In Facebook Post: 'Ashamed' of Tweaked Voice in Wajah Tum Ho - NDTV Movies". 27 October 2016.
- "Arijit Singh blasts Wajah Tum Ho composer Abhijit Vaghani online". 27 October 2016.
- Tulsi Kumar hitting the right notes. Times of India (27 September 2016). Retrieved on 2016-10-18.
- "Wajah Tum Ho's new romantic track "Dil Mein Chhupa Loonga Video Song" released - GoodTime Nation". 3 November 2016.