||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Original author(s)||Laurent Ribardiere|
|Initial release||March 15, 2012|
|Operating system||BSD, Linux, macOS and Windows|
|License||Community / Enterprise / Cloud|
Wakanda (a.k.a. "Wakanda App Factory") is a W-RAD (Web Rapid Application Development) as well as M-RAD (Mobile Rapid Application Development), designed for creating multi-channel applications for mobile, web and desktop.
Wakanda App Factory consists of a stack of tools and technologies:
- Wakanda Server
- Wakanda Studio
- Is a desktop IDE with WYSIWYG editors for designing the data model and prototyping the UI of the application. It provides building functionalities for mobile development (using Apache Cordova).
- Wakanda Application Connector
- Consists of a data provider to communicate with the server and interface with front-end frameworks like AngularJS 1/2 and Ionic 1/2.
Starting in 2008 with the server, Wakanda was first presented at The Ajax Experience in 2009 and then the same year at JSConf.eu. A private Developer Preview was made accessible in 2010 with a first version of the Wakanda Studio including a Model Designer and a GUI Designer. Wakanda came to public attention in June 2011 with a new Developer Preview, with a second public Developer Preview announced during the "Wakanday - JS.everywhere(Boston, October, 2011)" conference, and the first Beta on December, 15th. Wakanda is available as a Live Release version since March 15, 2012.
Wakanda Server supports CommonJS modules, Web Workers, Web Storage, XMLHttpRequest, HTML5 File API, Blobs, Timers. It implements the Firebug Crossfire Debugger protocol, as well as the WebKit remote debugging protocol.
- "Models: A Relationship Guide for Ajax Developers" (The Ajax Experience 2009)
- Wakanday - JS.everywhere(Boston, October, 2011)
- Wakanda: "Beta is here!"
- 4D Launches Wakanda
- "Frequently asked questions". Wakanda Digital App Factory. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Digital App Factory 1.0.0: The countdown is started!". Wakanda Blog. Retrieved 2016-01-03.