Wakeland High School
|Wakeland High School|
|10700 Legacy Road
Frisco, Texas 75033
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Frisco Independent School District|
|Enrollment||2,068  (2015)|
|• Grade 9||507 |
|• Grade 10||466 |
|• Grade 11||566 |
|• Grade 12||529 |
|Color(s)||Orange and navy blue
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAA (5A)|
Justin Wakeland High School is a public high school located in the city of Frisco, Texas (USA). It is classified as a 5A school by the UIL. It is a part of the Frisco Independent School District, and is one of nine district high schools. It opened on August 14, 2006. Most sophomores and juniors were transferred from Frisco High School due to the expansion of the city and Frisco ISD. Incoming freshmen usually come from Griffin Middle School, Cobb Middle School, and others from Staley Middle School. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
The school was originally to be named Legacy High School. During construction, it was instead named for Justin Wakeland, who served as the superintendent of the Frisco ISD for 19 years from 1978 to 1997.
The school has a bi-weekly television show called Win-TV, which features segments and interviews about current events at Wakeland High School.
Wakeland Access, the school newspaper, features articles about events at the school.
The following sports are offered at Wakeland:
- Boys' and girls' cross country running
- American football
- Boys' and girls' tennis
- Boys' and girls' basketball
- Boys' and girls' Powerlifting
- Boys' and girls' soccer
- 2010 (4A) Boys' state champion
- Boys' baseball
- Girls' softball
- Boys' and girls' golf
- Boys' and girls' track
- Boys' and girls' swimming
- Boys' and girls' wrestling
- Boys' and girls' gymnastics
- Theater arts
- Concert band
- UIL Choir
- Marching band
- Color guard
- VASE art competition [clarification needed]
- Technical theater
- Solo and ensemble
- Legacy Line drill team
- The Texas Tribune. "Wakeland High School". The Texas Tribune. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "2015 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, Frisco ISD, ending August 31, 2003, pg 37
- Wakeland High School Athletics
- "UIL: Soccer State Championships - Brackets". Retrieved 15 January 2015.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|