Steam grid image
|Designer(s)||Randy Smith (creative director) 
David Kalina (lead developer)
Randy O’Connor (level design)
|Composer(s)||Ethan Frederick Greene
Damien Di Fede
Waking Mars is a platform-adventure game produced by Tiger Style in which players jetpack through underground Mars caves and encounter a host of alien lifeforms that operate as an ecosystem. Players must master the behaviors of these creatures to create ecosystems of their own design to survive and discover the secrets of Mars’ past. The game has been nominated for Best Mobile Game and Excellence in Audio in 2012 Independent Game Festival. In June 2012, Waking Mars was also named the Best Game of 2012 (So Far) by Paste Magazine.
The game was originally developed for iOS and released on iTunes in March 2012. Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android versions of this game were released as part of the Humble Indie Bundle for Android 4 on November 8, 2012.
- "Waking Mars for download". GOG.com.
- "Buy Now « Waking Mars". Tiger Style Games.
- Rigney, Ryan. "Postmortem: How iOS Game Waking Mars Came to Life". Wired.
- Francis, R. Bryant. "Meet The Game Creators Who Traded Violence for Creativity (And How It Helped Get Them Into Steam)". The Jace Hall Show.
- Flood, Kathleen. "Amanda Williams Envisions the Environmental Mysteries of Mars". The Creator's Project.
- Koch, Sean. "Interview With Tiger Style Games". iFanzine.
- Grayson, Nathan (November 20, 2012). "The Real Science Of Waking Mars". Rock Paper Shotgun. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
Part-Metroidvania, part-Mars-gardening-simulator, it’s certainly not Just Another iOS Port.
- "The 14th Annual Independent Games Festival".
- Martin, Garrett. "The 10 Best Videogames of 2012 (So Far)".
- Bedford, John. "App of the Day: Waking Mars". Eurogamer.
- "Waking Mars Released on Desura". Desura.
- "Now Available - Waking Mars". Valve Corporation.
- "Steam Greenlight :: Waking Mars". Valve Corporation.
- "Waking Mars". Metacritic. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- "Waking Mars". GameRankings. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
|This adventure game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|