This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||School of First Choice|
|Head Teacher||Kerry Lord|
|Deputy Head Teacher||Richard Harrison|
|Ofsted Result||Ofsted 2016 'GOOD'|
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
England, United Kingdom
|Local authority||Newcastle City Council|
|Telephone number||+44 191 267 8221 (Switchboard)|
Walbottle Campus is a large secondary school situated in Newcastle upon Tyne. It is the second largest secondary school in Newcastle. The school first opened in 1959 as three schools on one site, a Grammar School and two Secondary Moderns. These later merged to become the single Walbottle Campus. The vast majority of the school's students come from feeder Primary Schools which are members of the Outer West Learning Trust, of which Walbottle Campus is an Associate Member. In July 2016 there was a two day ofsted inspection. After five years of being 'Requires Improvement' Walbottle Campus was graded 'GOOD'
A new building was opened in 2008.
- A Wing (light blue) - Business Studies, Hairdressing, Sixth Form & the inclusion Department.
- B Wing (red) - Humanities
- C Wing (green) - English & Modern languages (French & Spanish)
- D Wing (dark blue) - Mathematics, Art, Health & Social Care & Child Development and Care
- E Wing (orange) - All Technologies
- F Wing (purple) - Science
- H Wing (crimson) - Physical Education, Performing Arts, Head of School and Main Administration
- K Main Street (yellow) - Entrance to all blocks, I.C.T Classrooms, Staff Learning Lounge, Library and Staff Hub
- IT classrooms are located throughout the school.
In September 2015 a new Behaviour Management System was introduced, the LOST system.
- LOST 10 - 10 Minutes of break time
- LOST 30 - 30 Minutes of social time during the 45 min lunch break
- LOST 90 - 90 Minutes of social time after school
Notable former pupils
- Sue Rolph, gold medal swimmer in 1994 Commonwealth Games
- Paul Brannen, MEP
- Ian Peacock, BBC radio reporter and presenter
Walbottle Grammar School
- Prof David Harper, Professor of Palaeontology at Durham University, and Principal since 2011 of Van Mildert College, Durham
- Ray Massey, motoring newspaper journalist for the Daily Mail
- Mick Skinner, rugby union player
- Michael Booth, Head Teacher, Walbottle Campus Newcastle (2000 - 2009)
- Paul Sampson, Head Teacher, Walbottle Campus Newcastle (2009 - 2016)
- Kerry Lord, Head Teacher, Walbottle Campus Newcastle (2016 to present)
- Walbottle Campus (Heads of Departments) (September 2012). Walbottle Campus Learning Journal (Year Nine). Walbottle Campus Learning Journal. 2: Depends on Version. Check date values in:
|access-date=(help); Missing or empty