April 12, 1932|
Monte Carmelo, Minas Gerais, Brazil
July 2, 2015 (aged 83)|
Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná, Brazil
|Alma mater||University of Uberaba|
|Known for||Founding Conscienceology and Projectology|
|Part of a series on|
Waldo Vieira (Portuguese: [ˈvawdu viˈejɾa]) (April 12, 1932 – July 2, 2015) was a Brazilian spiritual author, medium, physician and dentist who founded the spiritual movements of Conscienceology and Projectology.
He became a Spiritist when young and graduated in medicine and dentistry. In 1955, he met the famous Brazilian medium Chico Xavier and the two co-authored several books on Spiritism, founded their Spiritist centre practiced philanthropy  and did voluntary medium work, including psychographies. Around 1966, he became a dissident Spiritist, developing his own views on the subject and stopping to work with Xavier. He then began studying themes related to parapsychology, like astral projections and altered states of consciousness. He became a member of the American Society for Psychical Research and the Society for Psychical Research, founding two fields of study he termed Conscienciologia ("Conscienceology") and Projeciologia ("Projectology"). He published his first book on the subject in 1979, with several other publications until his death in 2015. His books were translated into English, Spanish, Italian, German and Chinese.
- Rocha, Cristina; Vásquez, Manuel A. (Eds). The Diaspora Of Brazilian Religions, pp. 339-362 (Chapter "The Niche Globalization of Projectiology: Cosmology and Internationalization of a Brazilian Parascience", by Anthony D’Andrea). Koninklijke Brill NV, 2013. ISBN 978 90 04 23694 3
- Y. Shimizu (1998). ""Literatura Espírita XLV" (Obras de Waldo Vieira)". Jornal "Mundo Espírita" (in Portuguese). FEP. Archived from the original (htm) on 7 October 2013. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- Bueno, Wilson De Araújo. VOZES DO PARANÁ, retratos de paranaenses, Vol. 2, Editora Esplendor: 2009.
- Programa "Globo Repórter" (Rede Globo) em Maio de 1995, dedicado a Chico Xavier.
- Who's Who in the 21st Century. IBC. 2002. p. 784.
- Souto Maior, Marcel. As Vidas de Chico Xavier. 2ª ed. São Paulo: Editora Planeta do Brasil, 2003; pgs. 166, 154, 169 e 174
- Marcos Guttmann (May 1991). "Projeciologia - Uma Neociência nascida no Brasil". Revista Ano Zero: 40–43.
- "Publikationskatalog 2013/2014" (PDF) (in German). Editares. pp. 13–27, 31. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- Simone de La Tour e Kevin de La Tour; Paradiplomacia com Características Chinesas; (...) edição especial do tratado Projeciologia, de Waldo Vieira, com tradução parcial para o chinês.... Revista Conscientia, 2006, 10(4), p. 361-370.