Waldringfield Boat Yard on the River Deben
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||IP12 4|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Waldringfield is a village and civil parish in the Suffolk Coastal district, in the county of Suffolk, England. It is situated on the bank of the River Deben within the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 4 miles (6.4 km) south of the town of Woodbridge and 8 miles (12.9 km) east of the county town of Ipswich.
All Saints church dates from the 14th century. Restored in the 19th century, it is a grade II* listed building.
It also has a Yacht Club called Waldringfield Yacht Club.
The name Waldringfield is derived from the Old English words meaning ‘open land of the family or followers of a man called Waldhere’. The length of human habitation at Waldringfield is unknown but iron age finds such a pottery shards from the 1st century BC have been found locally. Record of the settlement is found in the Domesday Book of 1086 under the name 'Waldingafelda'  along with the name 'Minima Waldringafelda' (Lesser Waldringfield).
The village had an industrial heyday from about 1860 to 1907. First, until about 1895, coprolite was dug up locally, washed and sifted on the beach and shipped by barge to be processed in factories in Ipswich, as part of the early fertiliser industry. Then, at the end of the nineteenth century, a cement making industry used mud from the river mixed with chalk brought in by barge from the Medway. Served by one hundred barges a month and employing twelve ‘bottleneck’ kilns, the industry survived until 1907. The kilns were demolished in 1912.
- "Civil Parish Population 2011". Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Historic England. "CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS (1198720)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Waldringfield Parish Plan" (PDF). Waldringfield Parish Council. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "Waldringfield A Dictionary of British Place-Names". encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "Iron Age & Celtic Photo Gallery". www.sheshen-eceni.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "Image details - Place name: Waldringfield, Suffolk". The National Archives. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "Image details - Place name: Lesser Waldringfield, Suffolk". The National Archives. Retrieved 2010-04-04.