|• Mayor||Michael Rembold (CDU)|
|• Total||20.95 km2 (8.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||387 m (1,270 ft)|
|• Density||340/km2 (870/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Economy and Infrastructure
In Waldstetten are mainly medium and small enterprises located. One of them is the kitchen manufacturer Leicht Küchen, established in 1928. In Germany, the company has approximately 850 employees.
In Waldsteten is the Franz von Assisi -School, a free Catholic Realschule. There is also the Unterm Hohenrechberg school. Moreover, there is a pure primary school in Wißgoldingen. The child care is ensured by four Roman Catholic kindergartens.
The Albmarathon, a 50-kilometer ultramarathon runs regularly through the municipality.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Bernhard Rieger (1922–2013), a Catholic theologian and Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart
- Michael Brenner (born 1960), jurist, professor of German and European Constitutional and Administrative Law at the University of Jena, lives in Waldstetten.
- Simon Baumgarten (born 1985), handball player, grew up in Wißgoldingen and attended the Realschule Waldstetten.
- Dominik Kaiser (born 1988), football player, played in his youth for TSGV Waldstetten.
- Carina Vogt (born 1992), German ski jumper and Olympic champion, lives in Waldstetten.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2017". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). 2018.
|This Ostalbkreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|