Walk Under Ladders
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Walk Under Ladders|
|Studio album by Joan Armatrading|
|Recorded||July 1981 at The Town House, London|
|Joan Armatrading chronology|
Walk Under Ladders is the seventh studio album by the British singer-songwriter Joan Armatrading. Released in September 1981, it reached number 6 on the UK Album Chart and was certified Gold by the British Phonographic Industry for sales in excess of 100,000 copies. The album peaked at number 16 in Australia. Two minor hits from the album both fell just short of cracking the UK Top 40: "I'm Lucky", which peaked at no.46, and "No Love", which peaked at no.50.
The album was produced by Steve Lillywhite. Five tracks from the album were released as singles; "I'm Lucky", "When I Get It Right", "No Love", "I Wanna Hold You" and "The Weakness in Me".
The album was reissued by Cherry Pop in 2010 featuring three bonus tracks.
All tracks composed by Joan Armatrading.
- "I'm Lucky" 3:05
- "When I Get It Right" 3:03
- "Romancers" 3:48
- "I Wanna Hold You" 3:46
- "The Weakness in Me" 3:33
- "No Love" 3:58
- "At the Hop" 3:26
- "I Can't Lie to Myself" 3:23
- "Eating the Bear" 2:59
- "Only One" 4:15
Bonus tracks on the 2010 reissue
- "Shine" 3:48
- "Dollars" 3:28
- "Crying" 3:23
- Joan Armatrading – guitar, piano, vocals
- Thomas Dolby – synthesizer
- Andy Partridge – guitar
- Hugh Burns – guitar
- Mel Collins – saxophone
- Ray Cooper – percussion
- Dick Cuthell – horn
- Julian Diggle – percussion
- Sly Dunbar – drums
- Tony Levin – bass
- Jerry Marotta – drums, vocals
- Nick Plytas – keyboards
- Gary Sanford – guitar, background vocals
- Kev Garside – guitar
- Robbie Shakespeare – bass
- Kirby Gregory – guitar
- Rico Rodriguez – horn
- Recorded at: The Town House, London, July 1981
- Producer: Steve Lillywhite
- Recording engineer: Steve Brown
- Assistant engineer: George Chambers
- Album cover art direction: Michael Ross
- Album cover design: Michael Ross & Simon Ryan
- Front cover & inner sleeve photography: Tony McGee
- Back cover & inner sleeve portrait: Graham Hughes
- Ruhlmann, William. "Joan Armatrading – Walk Under Ladders". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (Illustrated ed.). St. Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p. 19. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "Official Charts: Joan Armatrading". Official Charts.com. Official Charts Company. Retrieved 21 August 2016.
|This 1980s pop album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|