Walker Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||38.13 sq mi (98.8 km2)|
|• Land||37.99 sq mi (98.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.39%|
|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
|• Density||8.8/sq mi (3.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62349, 62373, 62379, 62380|
|GNIS feature ID||0429883|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.13 square miles (98.8 km2), of which 37.99 square miles (98.4 km2) (or 99.63%) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.39 km2) (or 0.39%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Bethany, Bethlehem Church of Christ, Buckeye, Grant, Salem Church-Sutter, Walker and West Tioga.
- Community Unit School District 4
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- Warsaw Community Unit School District 316
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Walker Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Wilcox Township||Wythe Township||Bear Creek Township|
|Rocky Run Township||St. Albans Township|
|Lima Township, Adams County||Keene Township, Adams County|