Walker Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||58.45 sq mi (151.4 km2)|
|• Land||58.09 sq mi (150.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.37 sq mi (1.0 km2) 0.63%|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||63.1/sq mi (24.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453968|
Walker Township was established in 1851.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 58.45 square miles (151.4 km2), of which 58.09 square miles (150.5 km2) (or 99.38%) is land and 0.37 square miles (0.96 km2) (or 0.63%) is water.
-As of November 2, 2010
- Eldon (Butch) Jeffries (Democratic)
Township Board Members:
- Gloria J Hanewich Hicks (Democratic)
- Mark D Maze (Democratic)
- David B Whitaker (Democratic)
- Kankakee Township (northeast)
- Railroad Township, Starke County (northeast)
- Cass Township, Pulaski County (east)
- Gillam Township (southeast)
- Barkley Township (south)
- Keener Township (west)
- Union Township (west)
- Wheatfield Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Hershman, Kniman and Lutheran.
Walker Township residents are eligible to obtain a free library card from the Jasper County Public Library.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 51.
- "How do I get a library card?". Jasper County Public Library. Retrieved 8 March 2018.