Walkers Shortbread cookies
|Products||shortbread, biscuits, cookies and crackers|
"Walkers continued adding to its line of recipes, producing more than 80 products by the mid-1990s. By then, the next generation of Walkers had taken over leadership following James Walker senior's death in 1987. The younger Walkers took up positions as co-managing directors, with each assigned specific responsibilities in the company. As such Joseph Walker directed the group's production, purchasing, and distribution operations, while Marjorie Walker handled the company's administration and finance. James Walker provided the company's public face, responsible for marketing and sales."
In the news
On 13 June 2006 Walker's grandson James Walker, announced that the bakery in Aberlour would be closing and turning into a research facility for the company.
The company has received the Queen's Award for Export Achievement three times, "the highest accolade given to British exporters." Walkers Shortbread is also still owned and managed by the Walker family.
In 2017 Walkers Shortbread was granted a Royal Warrant of Appointment from Her Majesty The Queen for the supply of Shortbread to the Royal Household. Walkers Oatcakes had previously received the Royal Warrant in 2002.
In 2018 the company's profits were diminished by a global increase in the price of butter by around 50% due to global supply shortages and demand increases, resulting in the company seeing a 60% drop in operating profit. 
Walkers Shortbread have their headquarters at Aberlour House in Aberlour in Speyside, but they also have a production site in Elgin, both in Scotland. In the United States, their offices are in Hauppauge, New York.
- Scotland on Sunday - Business
- WalkersShortbread.com - Home
- "Walkers Shortbread closing village bakery" - PoliticalGateway.com 13 June 2006
- WalkersShortbread.com - History
- Bindrim, Kira (2 July 2007). "Walkers Shortbread names new CEO". newyorkbusiness.com. Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Her Majesty The Queen Grants Royal Warrant To Walkers For Shortbread". www.walkersshortbread.com. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- UK, Oscar Williams-Grut, Business Insider. "The butter market is going crazy". Business Insider. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "Shortbread firm hit by butter price surge". 2018-07-18. Retrieved 2019-03-26.