|Author||Robert B. Parker|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
|Preceded by||Paper Doll|
|Followed by||Thin Air|
The story follows Boston-based PI Spenser as he tries to solve the on-stage murder of an actor in the run-down town of Port City. While investigating the crime, he runs afoul of the local Chinese mob and uncovers a web of infidelity, organized crime, and psychologically unstable actors.
- Vinnie Morris
- Dr. Susan Silverman, Ph.D
- Sgt. Frank Belson, Boston Police Department
In other media
The novel was made into a 2001 TV movie, starring Joe Mantegna as Spenser.
- Joe Mantegna as Spenser
- Marcia Gay Harden as Susan
- Ernie Hudson as Hawk
- Eric Roberts as Police Chief DeSpain
- Christopher Lawford as Jimmy Christopholous
- Tamlyn Tomita as Rikki Wu
|This article about a crime novel of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.