Walking Street, Pattaya
The street is a tourist attraction that draws foreigners and Thai nationals, primarily for its night life. The Walking Street area includes seafood restaurants, live music venues, beer bars, discothèques, sports bars, go-go bars, nightclubs and hotels.
Walking Street runs from the south end of Beach Road to the Bali Hai Pier. The street is notable for its large neon signage. A large video sign was erected in March 2010 at the Beach Road entrance and numerous bars, restaurants and attractions on Walking Street advertise using bright, large neon signs. Pattaya authorities began cracking down on oversized signs in 2015 in an effort to improve accessibility on Walking Street for emergency vehicles.
The area is closed to vehicles from 18:00 to 02:00. Car and motorcycle parking is provided at the Bali Hai end. The closing time of 02:00 has been extended for many entertainment establishments.
- "Roving candid camera snaps Thailand's Sin City". The Age. 2008. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Pattaya Walking Street - Pattaya Night Life". Bangkok.com. 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "Guest Friendly Hotels in Pattaya". guestfriendlyhotelsbangkok.com. 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- "Pattaya Mail". pattayamail.com. 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Pattaya travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Walking Street.|
|This Chonburi Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|