Walking Tall Part 2
|Walking Tall Part 2|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Earl Bellamy|
|Produced by||Charles A. Pratt|
|Written by||Howard B. Kreitsek|
John Davis Chandler
|Music by||Walter Scharf|
|Cinematography||Keith C. Smith|
|Edited by||Art Seid|
|Distributed by||American International Pictures|
Walking Tall Part 2 is the 1975 sequel to the crime/action film, Walking Tall. Walking Tall Part 2 was directed by Earl Bellamy, and produced by Charles A. Pratt. the film starred Bo Svenson as Buford Pusser, replacing Joe Don Baker who played Pusser in the first Walking Tall film. The on-screen title of the movie is Part 2 Walking Tall: The Legend of Buford Pusser. The film would be followed in 1977 by Walking Tall: Final Chapter, also starring Svenson.
Sheriff Buford Pusser continues his one-man war against moonshiners and a ruthless crime syndicate after the murder of his wife in late 1960's Tennessee.
- Bo Svenson: Buford Pusser
- Luke Askew: Pinky Dobson
- John Davis Chandler: Ray Henry
- Robert DoQui: Obra Eaker
- Leif Garrett: Mike Pusser
- Bruce Glover: Grady Coker
- Dawn Lyn: Dwana Pusser
- Brooke Mills: Ruby Ann
- Logan Ramsey: John Witter
- Lurene Tuttle: Grandma Helen Pusser
- Angel Tompkins: Marganne Stilson
- Noah Beery, Jr.: Carl Pusser
- Richard Jaeckel: Stud Pardee
- Archie Grinalds: A.C. Hand
- Allen Mullikin: Floyd Tate
Behind the Scenes
Joe Don Baker, who played Buford Pusser in the first film, declined to reprise his role; Pusser himself had agreed to take his own role, but he died in an automobile accident before filming began. His death is discussed at the end of the movie. The police report is shown. Pusser's death would be further elaborated in the next sequel, Final Chapter.
- FILM VIEW: Why 'Smokey And the Bandit' Is Making A Killing FILM VIEW 'Smokey and the Bandit' Canby, Vincent. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 18 Dec 1977: 109.