Gilberry with the Cincinnati Bengals
|No. 94, 92, 95|
|Born:||December 5, 1984|
Bay Minette, Alabama
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||268 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Bay Minette (AL) Baldwin Co.|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Gilberry played his prep football at Baldwin County High School. In his junior season, Gilberry played primarily tight end where he started the last seven games. As a senior at defensive end, he made 61 solo tackles, 16 assists, seven sacks, seven tackles for losses, and deflected six passes. He also caused two fumbles, recovering both.
He was a first team selection to the All-SEC Coaches’ Football Team in 2007.
While at the University of Alabama, Gilberry was initiated into the Omega Psi Phi fraternity's Beta Eta chapter in the Fall of 2004.
New York Giants
Gilberry was signed by the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2008, but was released by the team before the regular season began.
Kansas City Chiefs
Gilberry was signed to the Chiefs in August 2008. He made his NFL debut against the San Diego Chargers on November 9, recording one tackle.
In 2010, Gilberry had 3 sacks in one game against the St. Louis Rams. In 2011, Gilberry forced a fumble on Tom Brady after coming from behind and tackling him, and recovered the football. After the 2011 NFL season, Gilberry was not offered a contract.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gilberry signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on June 4, 2012. He was released by the team on September 14.
Gilberry signed with the Cincinnati Bengals on September 18, 2012. On December 13, 2012, Gilberry recovered a fumble and ran into the endzone for his first career touchdown against the Philadelphia Eagles.
In 2012, he played in 14 games and accumulated a total of 24 tackles 15 solo and 9 assisted, 6.5 sacks a forced fumble and 3 fumble returns.
On March 12, 2013, he re-signed with the Bengals on a three-year, $6.75 million deal.
So far as of week 4 of the 2013 season, he has accumulated a total of 4 tackles 3 solo and 1 assisted and 0.5 sacks.
On April 4, 2016, Gilberry signed a one-year contract with the Detroit Lions. On October 4, 2016, he was placed on injured reserve with an abdomen injury. He was released by the team on October 11, 2016.
Second stint with Bengals
On November 7, 2016, Gilberry re-signed with the Bengals.
On December 15, 2017, Gilberry announced his retirement from the NFL.
- Alabama 2007-2008 Final Stats Defense
- Alabama 2007 Media Guide
- NFL Wallace Gilberry Player Profile
- Cardinals keep Rashad Johnson
- "Lions sign free agents DE Wallace Gilberry and TE Matthew Mulligan". Detroit Lions. April 4, 2016. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- "Lions awarded DE Armonty Bryant via waivers". DetroitLions.com. October 4, 2016.
- "Lions sign free agent RB Justin Forsett". DetroitLions.com. October 11, 2016.
- Hobson, Geoff (November 7, 2016). "Bengals return to work, Gilberry, and a tighter AFC North". Bengals.com.
- Marcum, Jason (March 24, 2017). "Wallace Gilberry re-signing with Bengals, per ESPN". CincyJungle.com.
- Toback, Rebecca (September 2, 2017). "NFL roster cuts 2017: Cincinnati Bengals 53-man roster". CincyJungle.com.
- "Wallace Gilberry announces retirement from NFL". Cincinnati.com. December 15, 2017.