Wallace (footballer, born May 1994)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Wallace Oliveira dos Santos|
|Date of birth||1 May 1994|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Right back/Left back|
(on loan from Chelsea)
|2013–2014||→ Internazionale (loan)||3||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Vitesse (loan)||18||(1)|
|2015||→ Carpi (loan)||6||(0)|
|2016–||→ Grêmio (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 December 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26 November 2012
Wallace started his career with Brazilian club Fluminense, an attacking right-back, Wallace made his senior debut at the age of 17. He has since gone on to appear many times for the first team, helping them to the Brazilian league championship, the Rio State League and the Guanabara Cup.
On 4 December 2012, Chelsea confirmed they had signed Wallace. As part of the deal, the 19-year-old central defender who can also play at right and left back would remain with Fluminense until the end of the season. He made his first appearance in a Chelsea jersey on 17 July 2013 in a pre-season friendly match versus Singha All Stars in which he earned a penalty for his side which Romelu Lukaku converted.
Loan to Internazionale
Due to a lack of work permit, Wallace was required to be loaned out. On 14 August 2013, Wallace was loaned to Internazionale on a season long deal. He made his debut for the club on 1 September 2013 in a 0–3 away win at Catania, coming on as an 83rd-minute substitute for Jonathan. Wallace made his second appearance for Inter in a 0–7 thumping at Sassuolo on 22 September 2013, again coming on as a second-half substitute. He played just four matches for Inter, three of them as a substitute.
Loan to Vitesse
On 10 August 2014, Wallace made his debut for Vitesse against Ajax, playing the full 90 minutes; the game ended in a 4-1 loss for Vitesse. On 27 September 2014, Wallace scored the his first goal for Vitesse against FC Dordrecht, assisted by fellow Chelsea loanee, Bertrand Traoré; the ended in a 6-2 win for Vitesse. Wallace continued to be the first-choice right back for Vitesse until he broke his hand on 25 October 2014, during the game against NAC Breda. On 22 November 2014, Wallace returned to the starting line-up against AZ Alkmaar; the match ended in a 1-0 loss for Vitesse.
On 10 April 2015, Wallace was arrested for suspicion of sexual offense, but was released later without any charges. Following this incident, Wallace returned to the first team on 24 April on the bench, and coming on for the last 11 minutes replacing Kevin Diks in the match against ADO Den Haag.
Loan to Carpi
On 22 July 2015, Wallace joined newly promoted Italian side Carpi on a season-long loan with an option to purchase the player at the end of the spell. He made his debut for the club on 23 August 2015, in a 5-2 defeat against Sampdoria, coming off the bench to play 20 minutes.
Loan to Grêmio
On 4 January 2016, Wallace was loaned to Grêmio by Chelsea for an 18-month period to replace Rafael Galhardo in the 2016 Copa Libertadores On 31 January 2016, Wallace made his Grêmio debut in a 3–1 victory over Brasil de Pelotas, playing the full 90 minutes.
Wallace helped Brazil win the South American Under-17 Championship in 2011 before contributing to their fourth-placed finish at the Under-17 World Cup in Mexico three months later. On 30 May 2014 Wallace scored the first of seven goals for Brazil U20 vs Qatar U20 in the Toulon tournament.
- As of match played 3 March 2017.
|Internazionale (loan)||2013–14||Serie A||3||0||1||0||—||—||4||0|
|Carpi (loan)||2015–16||Serie A||6||0||1||0||—||—||7||0|
|Grêmio (loan)||2016||Série A||9||0||0||0||3[c]||0||9[d]||0||21||0|
- "WALLACE DEAL AGREED". Chelseafc.com. 4 December 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "CHELSEA VS SINGHA LIVE COMMENTARY". skysports.com. 17 July 2013.
- "WALLACE LOANED TO INTER". chelseafc.com. 14 August 2013.
- "Catania v Inter - 1st Sep 2013". Sky Sports. 5 October 2013.
- "Sassuolo v Inter - 22nd Sep 2013". Sky Sports. 5 October 2013.
- "Wallace: Chelsea defender to join Vitesse Arnhem on loan". BBC. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "VITESSE LOAN FOR WALLACE". chelseafc.com. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Ajax 4-1 Vitesse". Soccerway.com. 10 August 2014.
- "Dordrecht vs. Vitesse 2 - 6". Soccerway.com. 27 September 2014.
- "Wallace Profile". Soccerway.com. 25 October 2014.
- "A Progress Report on Chelsea's Vitesse Arnhem Loanee Wallace". Bleacher Report. 28 October 2014.
- "AZ 1-0 Vitesse". Soccerway. 22 September 2014.
- "Chelsea loanee Wallace released after arrest over alleged incident in Arnhem". The guardian. 10 April 2015.
- "ADO Den Haag 1-0 Vitesse". Soccerway. 24 April 2015.
- "WALLACE COMES ON LOAN". Carpi F.C. 1909. 22 July 2015.
- "Wallace in Italian loan". Chelsea F.C. 22 July 2015.
- "Sampdoria vs Carpi live football scores". ESPN. 23 August 2015.
- "Com contrato de 18 meses,Wallace chega a Porto Alegre". Zero Hora. 4 January 2016.
- "BRASIL DE PELOTAS VS. GRÊMIO 1 - 3". Soccerway. 31 January 2016.
- "Chelsea agree deal for Brazil teen Wallace from Fluminense". BBC. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "Wallace Oliveira". Soccerway. Retrieved 24 February 2017.