Wallace State Community College
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wallace State Community College|
United States of America
|President||Vicki Hawsey Karolewics|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
Wallace State Community College is a community college in Hanceville, Alabama. Wallace State offers a variety of associate's degrees. Founded in 1966 as the George C. Wallace State Trade School of Cullman County, the college currently enrolls approximately 6,000 students and offers more than 50 programs of study in academic, health and technical programs.
The college was founded in 1966. It is named for former Alabama governor George C. Wallace, who greatly expanded Alabama's community college system.
The college campus is in Hanceville, Alabama.
Organization and administration
Wallace State maintains a partnership with Athens State University, which enables students to complete junior- and senior-level classes leading to a baccalaureate degree, all on the Wallace State campus.
Wallace State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees. Many programs have additional accreditation from organizations appropriate to the particular disciplines.
School sports include baseball, basketball, cheerleading, golf, tennis, softball, volleyball and intramurals.
- Marcus Brimage (attended), professional mixed martial artist
- Lester "Bubba" Carpenter, member of the Mississippi House of Representatives representing the First District of Mississippi
- Jake Elmore, baseball player
- Derek Holland, baseball player
- Fredrik Jacobson (attended), golf player, currently on the PGA tour
- Craig Kimbrel, baseball player for the Boston Red Sox
- Kip Moore, country music singer
- Lee Moore, professional basketball player
- Jimi Westbrook, musician, of Little Big Town
- Brett Wetterich (attended), golf player, currently on the PGA tour
- Zelous Wheeler, baseball player
- Holmes, Kristen. "Wallace State Community College". Encyclopedia of Alabama. Alabama Humanities Foundation. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
|This article about a university or college in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|