La Paz Department, Inquisivi Province, Quime Municipality
|Surface elevation||4,939 m (16,204 ft)|
Wallatani (Aymara wallata snow ball, snow lump / Andean goose, -ni a suffix to indicate ownership, "the one with a snow ball", "the one with a snow lump" or "the one with the Andean goose", hispanicized spelling Huallatani) is a lake in the Bolivian Andes situated in the southern section of the Cordillera Kimsa Cruz. It is situated 4,939 m high at the foot of the mountains Wallatani and San Luis (5,620 m), near Jach'a Khunu Qullu and Wayna Khunu Qullu in the La Paz Department, Inquisivi Province, Quime Municipality.
It is the highest body of water on which anyone has ever sailed, after Peter Williams, Brian Barrett, Gordon Siddeley and Keith Robinson did so on November 19th 1977. 
- Radio San Gabriel, "Instituto Radiofonico de Promoción Aymara" (IRPA) 1993, Republicado por Instituto de las Lenguas y Literaturas Andinas-Amazónicas (ILLLA-A) 2011, Transcripción del Vocabulario de la Lengua Aymara, P. Ludovico Bertonio 1612 (Spanish-Aymara-Aymara-Spanish dictionary)
- Bolivia - Highlands Naturetrek Tour Report 21-30 November 2005: Andean Goose Chloephaga melanoptera: [...] known in Quechua and Aymará as wallata.
- IGM map 1:50,000 6142-IV 'Yaco'
- Echevarría, Evelio, Cordillera Quimsa Cruz, Bolivia, Alpine Journal (2006), see map, p. 153
- Quime Municipality: population data and map