Walled Lake Central High School
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Walled Lake Central High School|
|1600 Oakley Park Road
Walled Lake, Michigan
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Walled Lake Consolidated Schools|
|Number of students||1751|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue & Gold|
|Rivals||Walled Lake Northern
Walled Lake Western
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Feeder schools||James R Geisler Middle School
Sarah Banks Middle School
Walnut Creek Middle School
|Affiliation||Kensington Lakes Activities Association (KLAA)|
Walled Lake Central High School is a high school of the Walled Lake Consolidated Schools, located in Commerce Township, Michigan in Metro Detroit. It serves portions of the township, Wolverine Lake, a small portion of the City of Walled Lake, and a small portion of Wixom. It was built as Walled Lake High School in 1957, and, a year after its first additions were completed in 1968, took its current name. The original addition was part of a construction project that included construction of Walled Lake Western High School. More additions were completed in 1992 and 2000.
The Walled Lake Central Viking Marching Band was the 2010, 2011 and 2013 MCBA Flight I State Champion, as well as a 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014 BOA national semi-finalist. In the Spring of 2014, the Walled Lake Central Viking Marching Band performed in the 2015 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. In addition, the band performed in the Lion's Thanksgiving Day Halftime Show at Ford Field in 2013 with Michigan-native singer Tony Lucca.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (August 2016)|
- "Student Count". mischooldata.org. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Zoning Map." (Map) Commerce Township, Michigan. Retrieved on November 8, 2012.
- "Central H.S." (Archive) Walled Lake Consolidated Schools. Retrieved on November 8, 2012.
- "Community Facilities." (Archive) City of Walled Lake. Retrieved on November 8, 2012.
- "Street Map." (Archive) City of Wixom. Retrieved on November 8, 2012.
- "Walled Lake Central Marching Band takes state title at finals". www.theoaklandpress.com. Oakland Press News. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Michigan Marching". michiganmarching.com. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "WLC Marching Band to play in 2015 Macy's Parade". wlcsd.org. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Walled Lake Central to Perform at Lions Thanksgiving Game". patch.com. West Bloomfield Patch. Retrieved 25 March 2015.