Wallington railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Sutton|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|10 May 1847||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Wallington railway station is in the London Borough of Sutton in south London. The station, and all trains serving it, is operated by Southern, and is in Travelcard Zone 5. It is between Waddon and Carshalton Beeches, 13 miles 5 chains (21.02 km) down the line from London Bridge, measured via Forest Hill.
The station was opened on 10 May 1847 by the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway as 'Carshalton' on the new Croydon to Epsom railway and was renamed to 'Wallington' in 1868 when the new Carshalton railway station opened in Carshalton village. During 2009 some renovations to the station were undertaken, including platform raising.
Ticket barriers are in operation at this station.
The typical off-peak service (Monday to Saturday) from the station is:
- 2tph (trains per hour) to London Bridge semi-fast
- 4tph to London Victoria via Norbury calling at all stations.
- 6tph to Sutton
- 2tph to Epsom
- 2tph to Epsom Downs
- 6tph to West Croydon
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Sutton & Mole Valley Lines
London Buses routes 127, 151, 157, 410, 463 and S4, and school routes 612 (Non TFL) and 627 serve the station. Northbound journeys serve bus stops in the Station Approach road. Most southbound journeys stop on Manor Road opposite the entrance to Station Approach.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wallington railway station.|
- "London and South East" (PDF). National Rail. September 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 March 2009.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Yonge, John (November 2008) . Jacobs, Gerald (ed.). Railway Track Diagrams 5: Southern & TfL (3rd ed.). Bradford on Avon: Trackmaps. map 22. ISBN 978-0-9549866-4-3.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/timetabling/electronic-national-rail-timetable/ (Timetable No. 172, May 2018)