Walls Come Tumbling Down!
|"Walls Come Tumbling Down!"|
|Single by The Style Council|
|from the album Our Favourite Shop|
|The Style Council singles chronology|
"Walls Come Tumbling Down!" is a song by the English band The Style Council which was their ninth single to be released. It was composed by lead singer Paul Weller, and was released in 1985. It is the first single from the band's second album, Our Favourite Shop (1985). Our Favourite Shop was renamed Internationalists for the U.S. market.
The song "Blood Sports", which appeared on the single, is about anti-hunting and anti-animal blood sports. Its writing royalties went to the Bristol Defence Fund for two hunt saboteurs jailed for anti-blood sports activities.
As well as the song's single release, it has featured on various compilation albums released by The Style Council. The song was included on The Singular Adventures of The Style Council, The Complete Adventures of The Style Council, and Greatest Hits.
- 12" single (TSCX 8)
- "Walls Come Tumbling Down!"
- "Spin' Drifting"
- "The Whole Point II"
- "Blood Sports"
- 7" single (TSCX 8)
- "Walls Come Tumbling Down!" - 3:25
- "The Whole Point II" - 2:50
- "Blood Sports" - 3:25
|Australian Singles Chart||19|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||15|
|UK Singles Chart||6|
- "Internationalists 1985". Wellerworld.co.uk. Archived from the original on 21 October 2004. Retrieved 2018-09-08.
- Steffen Hung. "New Zealand charts portal". charts.nz. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 537. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|