Rank in 2016.
March 1, 1958 |
Fort Ord, California
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Carson (Carson, California)|
|College||San Jose State (1976–1980)|
|NBA draft||1980 / Round: 5 / Pick: 99th overall|
|Selected by the San Diego Clippers|
|Position||Small forward / Shooting guard|
|1980–1981||San Diego Clippers|
|1985||Great Taste Coffee Makers|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Wallace Aliifua "Wally" Rank (born March 1, 1958) is an American former professional basketball player.
A 6'6" guard-forward, Rank played college basketball for San Jose State University from 1977 to 1980. He scored 1,432 points in his college career and set a school record for points in a game when he tallied 40 against California State University, Sacramento on January 3, 1980.
In 1980, Rank was selected by the San Diego Clippers with the 99th pick of the 1980 NBA draft. He played 25 games for the Clippers during the 1980–81 NBA season, scoring 55 points. He later played for Sacramora Rimini in Italy and Great Taste Coffee Makers in the Philippines.
- San José State 2008-09 men's basketball media guide. Retrieved on June 30, 2009.
- Wally Rank statistics. basketball-reference.com. Retrieved on June 30, 2009.
- Legabasket statistics. Retrieved on June 30, 2009.
- 1985 Great Taste Coffee Makers season. Wikipedia.
- Mike Reilley. "For Murphy, It's Jungle Out There - Basketball: UC Irvine assistant coaches Western Samoa national team to a gold medal at Oceania championships". Los Angeles Times. July 17, 1993. Retrieved on June 30, 2009.
- Wally Rank profile at the National Pacific Islander Educator Network