Founded by wealthy Italian businessman Luca Bassani in 1994, Wally started out primarily as a sail boat design firm and have more recently branched out into designing cutting edge motor yachts, including the 118 WallyPower. Wally's yachts range from the WallyNano 37ft production day sailer to the 166ft flybridge carbonfiber sloop Better Place custom built for Idan Ofer in 2012. Other owners such as Gianni Agnelli, Isabella Seragnoli, Juan Carlos I of Spain, Marco Tronchetti Provera, Jean-Claude Decaux, Thomas Bscher and Lindsay Owen-Jones actively race their yachts in their own class.
Wally is known for being an early adopter of carbonfiber as a yachtbuiding material as well as for the sleek, minimalist interior and exterior design of its vessels.
In 2005, the 118 WallyPower featured in the film The Island, starring Ewan McGregor. The yacht appeared as a distant memory in the mind of McGregor's character. A 2004 Top Gear UK TV episode also featured the 118 WallyPower.
- "Wally Yacht Wallpapers - Wally Yacht | YachtForums: We Know Big Boats!". www.yachtforums.com. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- Nick Enoch (2013-08-10), Heaven and Hull, Daily Mail
- Luca Bassani Antivari (2015-01-21), Yacht designer Luca Bassani, Boat International Media
- "Wallypower 118 superyacht". www.diseno-art.com. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- "Wallypower SuperYacht wins Millennium Design Award". www.gizmag.com. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|