Walnut High School
|Walnut High School|
400 N. Pierre Rd.
|Motto||To Teach and Learn Every Day|
|Fight song||Sons of Westwood|
|Athletics conference||Hacienda League|
|Rival||Diamond Bar High School|
|Athletic facility||Ken Gunn Stadium|
|Website||Walnut High School Website|
Walnut High School is located in Walnut, California among the San Jose Hills of the San Gabriel Valley in Southern California. Ranked in the top 100 high schools in America by the Daily Beast Publication - it is also located within the prestigious Walnut Valley Unified School District which has also been ranked by numerous sources to be one of the top public school districts in all of Southern California. The school is a two-time National Blue Ribbon School (1992–93 and 1997–98), six-time California Distinguished school (1991, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2005 and 2009), and a California Gold Ribbon School (2017). Walnut High School has also offered the International Baccalaureate program since 1999.
In the aquatics program, the water polo team won a CIF championship, and both the water polo and swim teams won league titles.
The soccer program has won two CIFSS 1-A Championships (1990, 1992), including an undefeated season in 1992 (25-0-1).
Walnut's National Champion Dance Team holds fifteen national titles, seven CADTD State titles, and were undefeated in the state of California from 2016-2019.
The Lady Mustangs (Girls Soccer Team) won the CIFss 2002, 2003, 2004
Walnut's Boys' Cross Country Team won CIF State in 1987 & 1988.
Walnut's Baseball Team won The CIF-SS Division 3 Championships in 2017.
- Paul Caligiuri, National Soccer Hall of Fame and 1990 FIFA World Cup soccer player. Played professionally in Germany and for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
- Gerardo Mejia, Ecuadorian rapper and singer, most famously known for his song, "Rico Suave"
- Michael Cho, artist shot to death by La Habra police
- Tod McBride, former NFL defensive back
- Lance Parrish, former MLB catcher
- Juliana Yendork, triple jumper
- Gary Zimmerman, former NFL offensive lineman
- Adanna Duru, is an American singer, who placed in tenth on the fourteenth season of American Idol.
- DJ Rose, Roslynn Alba Cobarrubias is a TV Host/Producer (DirecTV & Time Warner Cable) and entrepreneur that was featured in Forbes & Billboard as the Founder of mydiveo that also helped launch MySpace.com.
- "Walnut High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- "About the City of Walnut".
- https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/cities/best-school-districts-southern-california-2015/. Missing or empty
- "Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002" (PDF). United States Department of Education. Retrieved 2006-12-22.
- "Distinguished School Awards". California Department of Education. Retrieved 2006-12-22.
- "Gold Ribbon School Awards". California Department of Education. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "CIF Enrollment" (PDF).
- "CIF Southern Section Record".
- "CIF STATE Golf". Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- "CIF STATE XC" (PDF). Retrieved 2014-11-12.
- "CIF Southern Section Division 3 baseball championship". Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Paul Caliguiri Bio". Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- Molina, Sandra T. (January 10, 2008), "Shooting death of UCLA graduate probed; Michael Sungman Cho shot by La Habra police Dec. 31", Whittier Daily News, retrieved 2008-02-26
- "L.A. Avengers Sign DB Tod McBride". ArenaFan.com. Retrieved 2007-09-28.
- "Lance Parrish". Retrieved 2007-11-12.
- "Gary Zimmerman". Denver Broncos. Retrieved 2006-12-22.
- "Roslynn Cobarrubias". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- Walnut High School Official Website
- Walnut High School Athletics
- Walnut High School Student Newspaper