Walnut Township, Bureau County, Illinois
Location in Bureau County
Bureau County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||36.91 sq mi (95.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.86 sq mi (95.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|• Density||47.5/sq mi (18.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61349, 61376|
|GNIS feature ID||0429887|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.91 square miles (95.6 km2), of which 36.86 square miles (95.5 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
The township contains these two cemeteries: Red Oak and Walnut.
- Bureau Valley Community Unit School District 340
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Walnut Township, Bureau County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Hamilton Township, Lee County||East Grove Township, Lee County|
|Greenville Township||Ohio Township|
|Manlius Township||Bureau Township||Dover Township|