Walnut Township, Marshall County, Indiana
Location in Marshall County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||37.75 sq mi (97.8 km2)|
|• Land||37.71 sq mi (97.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||817 ft (249 m)|
|• Density||72.8/sq mi (28.1/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46501, 46504, 46563, 46570|
|GNIS feature ID||0453970|
Walnut Township was organized in 1859.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.75 square miles (97.8 km2), of which 37.71 square miles (97.7 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Argos (vast majority)
- Walnut at
The township contains these two cemeteries: Maple Grove and McGrew.
Airports and landing strips
- Scott Airfield
- Argos Community Schools
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 17
- State Senate District 5
- "Walnut Township, Marshall County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- McDonald, Daniel (1908). A Twentieth Century History of Marshall County, Indiana, Volume 1. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 89.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". National Park Service. December 23, 2011. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Walnut Township
||Center Township||Bourbon Township|
|Green Township||Tippecanoe Township|
|Richland Township, Fulton County||Newcastle Township, Fulton County|