Signpost in Walpole Highway
|Area||10.48 km2 (4.05 sq mi)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference||TF515138|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
Walpole Highway is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 10.48 km2 (4.05 sq mi) and had a population of 685 in 266 households at the 2001 census, the population increasing to 701 at the 2011 census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
The village lies to the south of the route of the A47 between Peterborough and King's Lynn.
A Village school was erected in 1879.
- James W Taylor (b1912), author and poet.
- ^ Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Retrieved 20 June 2009.
- ^ "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- ^ "Walpole Highwat Community Primary School" (PDF). Norfolk Rural Schools Survey. Retrieved 29 September 2021.
- ^ James W Taylor (1980). Reminiscences of a Fenman. James Taylor.
Media related to Walpole Highway at Wikimedia Commons