Walric, abbot of Leuconay
Saint Walric (also known as Gualaric, Waleric, Walericus, Walaric, Walarich, Valery and several closely related forms) (†622) was the founder of the abbey of Leuconay on the Somme River (today Saint-Valery-sur-Somme ).
He is commemorated twice, on 1 April and on 12 December.
- Walric at Catholic Online
- Saint of the Day, 1 April: Walaricus of Leucone at SaintPatrickDC.org
- 12 December saints at Lives of the saints
- (French) History about the commune of St. Valery sur Somme
- (Dutch) Early 1900s text about a chapel supposedly constructed by Walric
- (French) Wikisource etext about Walric, from Pierre Nozière by Anatole France
|This article about a saint is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|