Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar
|Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar|
|Disney California Adventure|
|Opening date||October 20, 2008|
|Replaced||Seasons of the Vine|
|Attraction type||Walkthrough exhibit|
Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar opened October 20, 2008 replacing the Seasons of the Vine Theater at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. It closed on September 29, 2013, and reopened on April 13, 2018, to provide a preview of Pixar Pier.
The exhibit is a preview center intended to promote upcoming attractions coming to the park, such as the dark ride The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Goofy's Sky School roller coaster, Buena Vista Street and the Cars Land themed areas. The exhibit often shows a preview film that features Imagineers talking about the upcoming attractions, which is updated routinely as construction progresses.
Exhibits for the following lands and attractions have been featured in Blue Sky Cellar:
- Mickey's Fun Wheel - Opened May 4, 2009
- Silly Symphony Swings - Opened June 11, 2010
- World of Color - Opened June 11, 2010
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure - Opened June 3, 2011
- Goofy's Sky School - Opened July 1, 2011
- Buena Vista Street/Cars Land - June 15, 2012
- Fantasy Faire - Opened March 12, 2013
- Mickey & the Magical Map - Opened May 25, 2013
- Market House (Starbucks Conversion) - Opened September 29, 2013
- Pixar Pier - Blue Sky Cellar exhibition opened April 13, 2018
- Lafferman, Breanna (14 June 2012). "Disney's Blue Sky Cellar puts guests in the minds of Imagineers". Orange County Register. Retrieved 13 April 2018.