Walter H. Haas
Walter H. Haas (July 3, 1917 – April 6, 2015) was an American amateur astronomer. He started observing in the 1930s. After the Second World War he founded the Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers (ALPO) and served there as the executive director between 1947 and the mid-1980s. Since then he had been a member of the board of directors as the Director Emeritus.
He received several awards for his contributions to astronomy: the Astronomical League Award in 1952, the Amateur Achievement Award of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific in 1994 and the Presidential Award of the Astronomical League in 2004.
- Beatty, Kelly. "Walter H. Haas (1917–2015)". Sky and Telescope. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Walter H. Haas Papers, 1935-2002". Retrieved 2007-11-03.
- "2004 Presidential Award of the Astronomical League". The Astronomical League. Retrieved 2007-08-13.
- "Previous Astronomical League Award Winners". The Astronomical League. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-08-13.
- "Past Amateur Achievement Winners". Astronomical Society of the Pacific. Retrieved 2007-08-13.
David H. Levy
| Amateur Achievement Award of Astronomical Society of the Pacific
Donald C. Parker