|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2011)|
|Partially sectioned M601E|
|National origin||Czech Republic|
|Manufacturer||Walter Aircraft Engines|
|Major applications||Let L-410 Turbolet
PAC FU-24 Fletcher
|Developed into||GE Aviation Czech H80|
The Walter M601 is a turboprop aircraft engine produced by Walter Aircraft Engines of the Czech Republic. The company's first turboprop, the M601 is used in business, agricultural and military training aircraft.
The turboprop was designed for use on the Let L-410 and the M601 first ran in 1967. It was not suitable for the prototype L-410 and the company developed an upgraded version, the M601A, with a slightly wider diameter.
- Initial production variant for early version of the Let L410.
- Production variant for the Let L410UVP.
- Developed for the Let L410UVP.
- Agricultural variant for high-cycle operation, used on the PZL Kruk and Ayres Thrush.
- Special variant for paradrop aircraft, used on the Do 28 and some Finist conversions.
- Agricultural and paradrop variant with a higher Time Between Overhaul of up to 1800 hours.
- Downrated variant for use in the FU-24 Fletcher.
- Developed for the Let L410UVP-E.
- General use engine with sub-variants of differing TBO.
- Variant of the 11 for use at higher operating altitudes and modified with a low pressure bleed air system for pressurised aircraft.
- Variant for the L410-UVP-E used for hot and high operations.
- Variant intended for use on the L420-UVP.
- Aerobatic variant for use on the PZL Orlik.
- now the GE Aviation Czech H80
- Agricultural variant for use on the Z-37T.
- Aerocomp Comp Air 10 XL
- Aerocomp Comp Air 7
- Ayres Thrush
- Dornier Do 28
- Lancair Propjet
- Let Z-37T - TurboČmelák (AgroTurbo)
- Let L-410 Turbolet
- Let L-420
- Myasishchev/SOKOL M-101T
- PAC FU-24 Fletcher
- Progress Rysachok
- PZL-106 Kruk
- PZL-130 Orlik
- SMG-92 Turbo Finist
- Type: Turboprop
- Length: 1675 mm
- Diameter: 590 mm
- Dry weight: 197 kg
- Compressor: 2-stage axial compressor and 1-stage centrifugal compressor
- Combustors: annular
- Turbine: 1-stage high-pressure and 1-stage free
- Maximum power output: 544 kW, 490 kW continuous (740 hp, 657 hp continuous)
- Turbine inlet temperature: 690°C
- Specific fuel consumption: 0.62 lbs/shph
- Power-to-weight ratio: 2.76:1 (kW:kg)
- Related development
- Comparable engines
- Related lists
- Walter M601 page
- GE Completes Acquisition of WALTER AIRCRAFT ENGINES
- Walter M601 page on GE Aviation
- European Aviation Safety Agency - Type Certificate Data Sheet E.070 Walter M601 series
- Walter M601D