Walter R. Borneman
|Walter R. Borneman|
|Born||January 5, 1952|
Walter R. Borneman (born January 5, 1952), an American historian and lawyer, is the author of well-known popular books on 18th and 19th century United States history. He received his B.A. in 1974 from Western State College of Colorado, and received an M.A. in history there in 1975 for a thesis on "Irwin : silver camp of the Ruby Mountains"; in 1981 he received a law degree from the University of Denver, and practiced law. A book published in May 2012, is The Admirals Nimitz, Halsey, Leahy, and King--the 5-star Admirals Who Won the War at Sea. Publisher, Little Brown & Co, ISBN 978-0-316-09784-0. He has also written a number of books about mountaineering in Colorado, where he currently lives. He also wrote the book, American Spring which covers the Revolutionary War from its onset to the Battle of Bunker Hill. His latest book is MacArthur at War: World War II in the Pacific.
- Borneman, Walter R. Rival Rails: The Race to Build America's Greatest Transcontinental Railroad. New York: Random House, 2010. ISBN Held in 162 libraries according to.
- Review, Los Angeles Times - Oct 3, 2010
- Review BusinessWeek - Oct 20, 2010
- Borneman, Walter R. Polk: The Man Who Transformed the Presidency and America. New York: Random House, 2008 ISBN 978-1-4000-6560-8 
- Review Wall Street Journal Online - May 16, 2008
- Borneman, Walter R. The French and Indian War: Deciding the Fate of North America. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2006. ISBN 978-0-06-076184-4 ., in 1290 libraries according to 
- Review, The New York times book review. (December 17, 2006): 14
- Review, Providence Journal - Jan 28, 2007
- Borneman, Walter R. 1812: The War That Forged a Nation. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2004. ISBN 978-0-06-053112-6. Held in 1162 libraries according to.
- Borneman, Walter R. Alaska: Saga of a Bold Land. New York: HarperCollins, 2003. ISBN Held in 879 libraries according to.
- Translated into Russian as Borneman, Walter R, V V. Monakhov, and L A. Rusova. Сага о земле Аляска / Saga o zemle Ali︠a︡ska. Vladivostok: Dalʹnauka, 2009. OCLC 704059097.
- Review, Juneau Empire - Apr 13, 2003
- A Climbing Guide to Colorado’s Fourteeners,