Walt Suggs was a college and professional American football player. An offensive and defensive lineman, he played college football at Mississippi State University, and played professionally in the American Football League for the Houston Oilers from 1962 through 1969, and for the National Football League Oilers in 1970 and 1971. Suggs played in 137 consecutive games. He played in the first pro football game played in the Houston Astrodome in 1967. He was an American Football League All-Star in 1967 and 1968.
During his high school career he was an All-State All Conference tackle and played in the 1957 Mississippi High School All Star game.
While in college he played in the Senior Bowl (1962) and in the Blue Gray Game (1961).
- Academic All SEC sophomore team - 1958
- All-American Academic Team - 1959
- The Sporting News All Pro - 1968
- Third Down Award - 1969
- Houston Oilers All-Time 30 Year team - 1991
- Mississippi State Hall of Fame - 1989
- Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame - 2006