The rifle uses dehumidified compressed air as propellant for the diabolo air gun pellets. This is stored in compressed-air cylinders that have a maximum filling pressure of 300 bar and built-in pressure gauges that indicate the current pressure level in the cylinder. The air for actual shooting is drawn from the compressed-air storage cylinder and reduced by a reduction valve into a secondary or output pressure chamber to the rifles working pressure of about 72 bar for staying within the 7.5 joule muzzle energy limit.
- Mechanical system precharged air rifle
- Caliber/Ammunition .177 cal. (4.5 mm)
- Ring foresight element 4.0/4.2/4.4/5.4
- Post foresight 2.8 mm
- Total length 1070 mm (Adjustable)
- Weight 4.6 kg
- Muzzle velocity 175 m/s (574 ft/s) (7.5 joule) approx. up to 380 m/s (1250 ft/s)
- Barrel rifled 420 mm
Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bindra won the Gold at the 2008 Summer Olympics men's 10 metre air rifle event using a Walther LG300 rifle.