"আমাদের পণ্য" "It's our product"
|Private Limited Company|
|Headquarters||Jiban Bima Bhaban (Level-3), Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|S.M. Nurul Alam Rezvi (Chairman)
Ilias Kanchan (Executive Director)
|Products||Consumer Electronics, Automobile, Mobile Phone, Home Appliances|
Number of employees
|Slogan||" আমাদের পণ্য", "It's our product"|
Walton (Bengali: ওয়াল্টন) is a conglomerate based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It comprises numerous subsidiaries and affiliated businesses, most of them united under the Walton brand. The subsidiaries include Walton Motors, Walton Mobile and Walton Electronics. Walton produces electronics, motor vehicles, and telecommunications products.
WALTON Group of Industries was founded by S.M Nurul Alam Rezvi in 1977 as a trading company. Over the next three decades the group diversified into steel, textiles, electronics and automobiles. Walton entered into the steel industry in late 1970s and the electronics and automobiles in early 2000s; these areas would drive its subsequent growth. Since the 2000s Walton has expanded towards electronics and automobiles and these became its most important sources of income.
Walton is one of the highest taxpayers in Bangladesh and has a strong impact on the country's economy. Walton has received the Best Taxpayer Award at the just-concluded Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF) 2015 for the seventh time. It was awarded for its export revenues. Walton received awards at the 2013 Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF), including one for paying the most taxes.
Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited
Walton Hi-Tech Industry Limited (WHIL) is the sister concern of WALTON Group and it is the manufacturing and assembly plant of Walton consumer electronics and automobiles based in Chandra, Gazipur. It was formed in 2002 and construction completed in 2006, beginning operations from 2008. The total area of the factory is 2,160,000 square feet (201,000 m2). 8000 technical professionals and staff work in this factory. There are several units inside the factory where various components of refrigerator, freezer, motorcycle, air-conditioners and their spare parts are designed, manufactured and assembled. Walton decided to manufacture its own compressor and engines for its refrigerators and motor cycles. The company aims to produce 3 million refrigerator compressors and 300,000 motorcycle engines. Walton inaugurated its new refrigerator manufacturing factory on April 5, 2013.Walton motorcycles are produced by Walton Motors. Walton is the first motorcycle manufacturer of Bangladesh with different models of 80 cc to 150 cc motorcycle. The company exports products in different countries of the world.
Walton Micro-Tech Corporation
Walton Micro-Tech Corporation is situated near the Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited’s factory at Chandra in Gazipur. It is the manufacturing, assembling and R&D plant for Walton's televisions (CRT, LED), home appliances (blender, rice cooker, induction cooker, air fryer, rechargeable fan, air cooler, hair dryer, DVD players etc.), LED lights, battery, electric motor etc. Walton mobiles are one of the most selling products of Walton company. Walton mobile is one of the best selling mobile brands in Bangladesh. Walton produces Android smartphones called Primo.
- Rahman, Saifur (6 March 2012). "Bangladesh electronics giant Walton enters GCC market". Gulf News.
- Showkat, Asif (29 January 2012). "Walton will be global brand by 2015". Daily Sun. Archived from the original on 30 August 2013.
- Rahman, Md Mahfuzur (10 February 2015). "Walton receives Best Taxpayer Award at DITF". risingbd.com. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Walton gets 1st prize in Premier category at DITF". The Financial Express. 2 February 2013. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Walton to set up compressor , engine producing units". The Financial Express. 17 May 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Walton's new fridge making factory opens on April 5". Walton (Press release). 28 March 2013. Archived from the original on 6 April 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Walton products being exported to ME". newstoday.com.bd.
- "Walton eyes Tk 500cr export to Ghana". newstoday.com.bd.