The Walton family is an American family whose collective fortune makes them among the richest families in the world. The majority of their wealth derives from the heritage of Bud and Sam Walton, who were the founders of the world's largest retailer, Walmart. The three most prominent living members (Jim, Rob and Alice) have consistently been in the top ten of the Forbes 400 since 2001, as were John (d. 2005) and Helen (d. 2007) prior to their deaths. Christy Walton took her husband John's place after his death.
Walton family fortune
The Walton Family Fortune according to Forbes
- Christy Walton and family $35.9 billion
- Jim Walton $34.9 billion
- Alice Walton $33.7 billion
- S. Robson Walton $33.4 billion
- Ann Walton Kroenke $4.8 billion
- Nancy Walton Laurie $4 billion 
Total US$149.7 billion
- "The Richest Family In The World 2011 – Worth $93 billion". The Richest. External link in
- Kroll, Lulsa. "America's richest families". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 9 July 2014.