The Walton family is among the richest families in the world. Their wealth inherited from Bud and Sam Walton, founders of the world's largest retailer, Walmart. The three most prominent living members (Jim, Rob and Alice) have consistently been in the top ten of the Forbes 400 since 2001, as were John (d. 2005) and Helen (d. 2007) prior to their deaths. Christy Walton took her husband John's place after his death.
Collectively, the Waltons own over 50% of the company, and are worth a combined total of $147 billion (as of January 2015). In 2010, six members of the Walton family had the same net worth as either 28% or 41% of American families combined (depending on whether household net indebtedness is counted).
Walton family tree
|Walton family tree|
Walton family fortune
The Walton Family Fortune according to Forbes
- Christy Walton and family $35.9 billion
- Jim Walton $34.9 billion
- Alice Walton $33.7 billion
- S. Robson Walton $33.4 billion
- Ann Walton Kroenke $4.8 billion
- Nancy Walton Laurie $4 billion 
Total US$146.7 billion
- "The Richest Family In The World 2011 – Worth $93 billion". The Richest.
- Kroll, Lulsa. "America's richest families". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Bivens, Josh (17 July 2012). "Inequality, exhibit A: Walmart and the wealth of American families". Economic Policy Institute. Retrieved 2013-12-03. The distinction between 28% and 41% comes from excluding or including (respectively) the net indebtedness of negative-net-worth households.