Walvis Bay Rural
Walvis Bay Rural constituency is a constituency in the Erongo Region of Namibia. It comprises the rural area surrounding the constituency's district capital city of Walvis Bay. With a voting population of 623 in 2004, Walvis Bay Rural was the least populous constituency in Namibia at that time.
Walvis Bay Rural constituency includes a string of settlements by the ǂAonin (Southern Topnaar) community, a subtribe of the Nama people. These settlements are situated along the Kuiseb River and include Utuseb and Rooibank.
In the 2010 regional elections, SWAPO's Johannes Nangolo won the constituency with 3,804 votes. His closest challenger was Tjitekuru Joseph of the Rally for Democracy and Progress, who received 646 votes.
- Constituencies of Namibia, 2004
- de Klerk, Eveline (25 January 2013). "Rural community wants police station". New Era.
- Election results from Electoral Commission of Namibia
- "Regional elections 2015". The Namibian. Regional Elections supplement. 1 December 2015. p. D2.
- "Regional Council Election Results 2015". Electoral Commission of Namibia. 3 December 2015. p. 3.
|This Namibia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|