Street in Wanamie
|• Total||0.981 sq mi (2.54 km2)|
|• Land||0.981 sq mi (2.54 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||620/sq mi (240/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1190577|
Wanamie is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Newport Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. It is located in the southwest end of the Wyoming Valley and uses the Nanticoke zip code of 18634. The South Branch Newport Creek forms the natural eastern boundary of Wanamie and drains it northeast via the Newport Creek into the Susquehanna River. The village is named after the Wanami tribe of the Lenni Lenape. As of the 2010 census, its population was 612.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Wanamie". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Nanticoke Pennsylvania ZIP Code Map
- Origins of Town Names in Northeast PA
|This Luzerne County, Pennsylvania state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|