Once known as the Long Pond River, the sources of the Wanaque River are Greenwood Lake, once known as Long Pond (not to be confused with the nearby village of Greenwood Lake in the state of New York) and the watershed known as Sterling Forest.
Both Greenwood Lake and Sterling Forest straddle the border of the states of New Jersey and New York.
From the Raymond Dam of the Wanaque Reservoir, the river flows to its confluence with the Pequannock River.
- North Jersey District Water Supply Commission
- Long Pond Ironworks State Park
- Wanaque Wildlife Management Area
- Norvin Green State Forest
- Sterling Forest State Park (New York section)
- U.S. Geological Survey: NJ stream gaging stations
|This Passaic County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|