||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe|
|Also known as||Wande Coal|
|Born||18 October 1985|
|Genres||AfroPop, Afrobeat, R&B|
|Labels||Black Diamond Entertainment|
|Associated acts||D'banj, Mo' Hits Records, DJ kentalky, Dr SID, Don Jazzy, DJ Spinall|
Wande Coal (born 18 October 1985), born as Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe in Lagos Island, Lagos state, Nigeria, to Chief Ibukun Olufunto and Mrs Omolara Oluwayemisi Ojosipe. The first of two children, Wande had his primary school education at Staff Nursery and Ijaniki Primary School, and his secondary education in Federal Government College Lagos in Lagos State, and went on to University of Lagos (Unilag), Lagos State, where he studied Curriculum Studies.
Wande Coal, like most great musicians started singing in the teenage choir at his church. He got his break in the Nigerian entertainment industry as a dancer. He continued improving on his vocals skills and got signed to Don Jazzy's Mo' Hits Records in 2006. He featured on D'banj's Rundown/Funk you up album on singles such as "Loke", "tonosibe" and "why me". Being signed to Mo' Hits records he is also a member of the Mo' Hits allstars and played a major role in the released CV (Curriculum Vitae) album. His first single of the CV album, "Ololufe", has been described as one of the greatest love songs ever written by a Nigerian. Wande Coal later released his debut album 'Mushin to Mo'Hits which was widely received across Nigeria, UK and the USA.
Wande Coal has also recorded tracks with other Nigerian artists including ikechukwu, Naeto C, Dr SID, D'Prince, Wizkid and many more. In 2012 following a fallout between record label Executives Don Jazzy and D'banj, Wande Coal, Dr SID and D'Prince signed on to Don Jazzy's new Record Label Mavin Records with the addition of Tiwa Savage from 323 entertainment acting as the first lady of mavin records. Wande Coal left Mavin Records in 2013. In October 2013, he released a single called "Baby Face".
After a very long self-imposed hiatus, Wande Coal dropped his sophomore album which is arguably one of Nigeria's most anticipated album of all time. He got a lot of buzz and the hype surrounding the release was spontaneous. Most reviews of the album placed him on a slightly above average scale
- 2009: Mushin 2 Mohits
- 2015: Wanted
|2008||"Bumper2Bumper"||Mushin 2 Mohits||Don Jazzy||Mo' Hits Record|
|"Who Born The Maga" (Featuring KaySwitch)|
|2011||"Go Low"||Mavin Records|
|"Been Long You Saw Me" (Featuring Don Jazzy)||Don Jazzy|
|"Private Trips"||Jay Sleek|
|2012||"See Mi Ri"||Solar Plexus|
(Featuring Don Jazzy)
|Don Jazzy||Black Diamond Entertainment/ Mavin Records|
|"Rotate"||Don Jazzy||Mavin Records|
|2014||"My Way"||Wanted||Maleek Berry||Black Diamond Entertainment|
|2015||"Ashimapeyin"||Wanted||Sarz||Black Diamond Entertainment|
|Wanted||Da Beat Freakz||Black Diamond Entertainment|
(Featuring Dj Tunez)
|Spellz||Black Diamond Entertainment|
|"Ballerz"||Maleek Berry||Black Diamond Entertainment|
go low sesan\
|2015||"Same Shit" Ft. AKA||Wanted||Studio Space Pictures (SSP)|
|2016||"Iskaba" Ft. Dj Tunez||Sesan|
- P-Lola – "For You"
- Ikechukwu – Like Yo
- Naeto C – Ashawo
- Naeto C – One For Me
- Wizkid – "For Me"
- R2Bees – "Kiss Your Hand"
- D'banj – Celebrate
- D'Prince – "Ooze"
- D'Prince – "I Like What I See"
- Patoranking - "My Woman"
- Shizzi - "Kosowo"
Next Rated Hip Hop World Awards 2008.
Naija's fastest Rising Superstar UNIPORT AWARDS 2008
Dynamix Youth awards 2009-Song of the Year.
BEST AFRO HIP HOP VIDEO Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) 2009
African Artiste of the Year – Ghana Music Awards 2010
Best R&b/Pop Single – 2010 Hip Hop World Awards Album of the year 2010 Hip Hop World Awards Song of the Year 2010 Hip Hop World Awards
Hip Hop Revelation of the Year 2010 Hip Hop World Awards.
Best rhythm and blues singer of the year 2009 City People
Album of the year 2010 City People
Outstanding Performance in the music industry 2010 City People
Artist of year 2010 City People
- Abimboye, Micheal (10 May 2013). "Wande Coal launches Black Diamond Entertainment with ‘The Kick’ video". Premium Times. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- Vanguard (2015-01-31). "Wande Coal to release album soon". Vanguard. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- TheNETng (2015-03-15). "Wande Coal, AKA collabo on new song.". TheNETng. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- View Nigeria Newspaper (2014-08-09). "See photo of Mavin Artiste, wande coal and his 18year old girlfriend". View Nigeria Newspaper. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Solar Plexus album.
- Life & Times Of Killz Vol1.
- U Know My P album on iTunes
- The Entertainer album on iTunes.
- "Patoranking, Wande Coal Duo share new 'My woman, my everything video'". Pulse Nigeria. Joey Akan. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Wande Coal x Shizzi - "Kosowo"". mp3naija. 16 January 2016.
- Ghana Music Award (2010-04-11). "Ghana Music Awards 2010 winners". Ghana Music Award. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- Vanguard (2010-04-30). "Hip Hop Awards: Wande Coal is Nigeria’s best". Vanguard. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- CP- africa.com (2010-04-30). "Hip Hop Awards: Wande Coal is Nigeria’s best". CP- africa.com. Retrieved 2015-04-22.