Wanessa performing during DNA Tour in 2013.
|Birth name||Wanessa Godói Camargo|
28 December 1982 |
Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil
Wanessa Godói Camargo Buaiz (née Wanessa Godói Camargo) (born December 28, 1982), commonly known as Wanessa, is a Brazilian pop singer-songwriter. She is the daughter of Brazilian sertanejo/country singer Zezé Di Camargo from the duo Zezé Di Camargo & Luciano.
Wanessa is also the ambassador in the non-governmental organization SOS Mata Atlântica, which defends the preservation of the Atlantic Forest. Due to her work to promote the NGO and its goals, and also her work for the depollution of the Tietê river in São Paulo, she was awarded the Pro-Social Award from Brazil's Nickelodeon channel in 2007, and later she received the Personality of the Year title from the Cisesp.
In 2009, Wanessa released her first single in English "Fly" featuring American rapper Ja Rule, for the album "Meu Momento". The song became the most played in the country, and was nominated for "Hit of the Year" at the MTV Video Music Brazil Awards. In 2011, she released her first album in English, titled DNA. Wanessa has sold 3 million albums in her 15-year-career.
In 2000 he signed with BMG and released her debut studio album, Wanessa Camargo, focused in a country pop style. The album sold 150,000 copies. She released another two self-titled albums, Wanessa Camargo (2001) and Wanessa Camargo (2002). In 2004, it released the first live album, Transparente. In 2005 Wanessa signed a deal with Sony Music and migrated to pop music. She also released the fourth album, her most critical successful in the career, W. In 2007 Wanessa released the album Total.
Meu Momento, was released on June 2009. The album includes a new song featuring American rapper Ja Rule in two different versions, with Wanessa Camargo singing in Portuguese in the version named "Meu Momento" and singing in English in the version named "Fly". "Fly" was released as a single in Brazil in April, with "Meu Momento" added to her album as a bonus track; no word has surfaced yet about whether Ja Rule intends or not to release "Fly" in world. The song is ranked number #1 in Brazil. The second single released on September 2009 named "Não Me Leve a Mal" .
In June 2011, she released her first album completely in English, titled "DNA", whose lead single, "Sticky Dough", featured American singer and rapper Bambam. This album also featured dance songs such as "DNA" and "Falling For U", which despite not being official singles, became popular in Brazilian clubs. In April 2013, she released her second album live titled "DNA Tour", name given to a tour that passed through Brazil, Angola and Portugal, between 2011 to 2014. The first single released on December 2012 named "Hair & Soul". The second is "Shine It On". Wanessa in 2015 celebrates 15 years of career, to celebrate it launched the special tour W15, with his greatest hits in the repertoire, including the hits "Shine It On", "Fly", "Stuck on Repeat", "DNA", "Sticky Dough", "Worth It", "Não Me Leve a Mal", "Me Abrace", "Não Resisto a Nós Dois" and "Amor, Amor". Her eighth studio album was named by Billboard Brazil, as one of the most anticipated of the year.
Camargo was born on December 28, 1982 in Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil. Wanessa is married since 2007 with businessman Marcus Buaiz with who has two children José Marcus who was born in January 2012 and João Francisco, who was born in June 2014.
In 2013, she gained media attention by lying publicly about her pregnancy. She signed a contract with a Brazilian magazine for the cover and the exclusive right to divulge her pregnancy. When the information leaked before this magazine was published, she went on live television and stated she was not pregnant.
For more informations, see Wanessa discography.
- Wanessa Camargo (2000 album)
- Wanessa Camargo (2001 album)
- Wanessa Camargo (2002 album)
- W (2005)
- Total (2007)
- Meu Momento (2009)
- DNA (2011)
Prêmio Multishow de Música Brasileira:
- 2001: Best New Artist
Meus Prêmios Nick (Brazil's Kids Choice Award):
- 2007: Pro-Social Award
Centro de Integração Cultural e Empresarial de São Paulo (Cisesp):
- 2007: Personality of the Year title
- 2008: Best Celebrity Blog (Audience Choice)
Prêmio Jovem Brasileiro: 
- 2008: Best Young Female Singer
- 2009: Best Young Female Singer
- 2010: Best Young Female Singer
- 2010: Best Young Music Video ("Não Me Leve A Mal (Let Me Live)")
- 2011: Best Young Female Singer
- 2010: Best Female Singer (Audience Choice)
Troféu Mzotv Multimídia de Música:
- 2009: Special MZOTV Award (10 years of musical career)
Troféu Top TVZ:
- 2011: National Artist of the Year (ranked 3rd)
Ordem dos Músicos do Brasil:
- 2011: Diploma of Merit 
DJ Sound Awards
- 2012: Best National Dance Artist 
- "UOL - Página não encontrada". Meuspremiosnick.zip.net. Retrieved 2011-02-07.[dead link]
-  Archived January 13, 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Leandro Fernandes (4 June 2013). "Batalha Musical: Sandy x Wanessa". Pop. Archived from the original on 2014-03-30. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Amazon.com:Wanessa Camargo: Wanessa Camargo: Music". Amazon. 3 July 2015.
- "Wanessa Camargo canta em Ribeirão". Diário do Grande ABC. 3 July 2015.
- "Biografia de Wanessa". IG. 3 July 2015.
- "Wanessa Camargo e Supla vivem casal apaixonado no Sítio". IG. 3 July 2015.
- "Biografia da cantora Wanessa Camargo". Opinião Web. 13 July 2015.
- "Wanessa Camargo lança novo álbum este mês". Territorio da Musica. 13 July 2015.
- "Wanessa Camargo faz dueto com o rapper Ja Rule". Virgula. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- "Sucesso de Wanessa Camargo chega no topo das paradas". MSN Entretenimento. Archived from the original on June 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "Wanessa lança Shine it On.".
- "Wanessa, Sandy and Anitta among the most anticipated albums of the year".
- "Born the second son of Wanessa.".
- "QUEM - QUEM E PENSA - NOTÍCIAS - Wanessa: "Quando a Dilma tomar posse, vou tentar falar com ela"". Revistaquem.globo.com. 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2011-02-07.
- "Apaixonada Por Você" was part of the "Um Anjo Caiu do Céu" soap opera soundtrack and had two different versions: the original, dance-oriented version, and the slow ballad version made for the soap opera
- "Meu Momento" and "Fly" have the same melody, but in "Meu Momento" Wanessa sings in Portuguese while in "Fly", she sings in English. Ja Rule's rap is in English in both songs
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wanessa Camargo.|
- Official Website
- Official Blog
- "Pai e Filha" ("Father and Daughter") Tour Website
- Wanessa Camargo 24hrs