Wang Dongming (academic)
Wang Dongming (Chinese: 王东明; born July 1961 in Anhui, China) is Research Director (Directeur de Recherche) at the French National Center for Scientific Research (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, CNRS). He was awarded Wen-tsün Wu Chair Professor at the University of Science and Technology of China in 2001, Changjiang Scholar of the Chinese Ministry of Education in 2005, and Bagui Scholar of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China in 2014. He was elected Member of the Academia Europaea in 2017.
Wang worked on algorithmic elimination theory, geometric reasoning and knowledge management, and applications of symbolic computation to qualitative analysis of differential equations. In 1993 he proposed an elimination method for triangular decomposition of polynomial systems, which has been referred to as Wang's method and compared with other three methods. Later on he introduced the concepts of regular systems and simple systems and devised algorithms for regular and simple triangular decompositions. He also developed a package, called Epsilon, which implements his methods.
Wang popularized the use of methods and tools of computer algebra for symbolic analysis of stability and bifurcation of differential and biological systems. He constructed a class of cubic differential systems with six small-amplitude limit cycles and rediscovered the incompleteness of Kukles' center conditions of 1944, which stimulated the study of Kukles' system in hundred papers. Since 2004 he has been involved in research projects on geometric knowledge management and discovery. With co-workers he developed an algorithmic approach for automated discovery of geometric theorems from images of diagrams.
Wang served as General Chair of ISSAC 2007 and is founding Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor of Mathematics in Computer Science and Executive Associate Editor-in-Chief of SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences.
- "POLSYS Team". Polsys.lip6.fr. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "中国科学技术大学人力资源部". Hr.ustc.edu.cn. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "第六批特聘教授名单_长江学者名单_数据中心_中国学位与研究生教育信息网". Cdgdc.edu.cn. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "广西日报数字报刊". Gxrb.gxnews.com.cn. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "Academy of Europe: Wang Dongming". Ae-info.org. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- Wang, Dongming (1993). "An elimination method for polynomial systems". Journal of Symbolic Computation. 16 (2): 83–114. doi:10.1006/jsco.1993.1035.
- Aubry, Philippe; Moreno Maza, Marc (1999). "Triangular sets for solving polynomial systems: a comparative implementation of four methods". Journal of Symbolic Computation. 28 (1): 125–154. doi:10.1006/jsco.1999.0270.
- Dellière, Stéphane. "D.M.Wang simple systems and dynamic constructible closure". LACO – Rapport n° 2000–16. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Wang, Dongming (1998). "Decomposing polynomial systems into simple systems". Journal of Symbolic Computation. 25 (3): 295–314. doi:10.1006/jsco.1997.0177.
- Wang, Dongming (2000). "Computing triangular systems and regular systems". Journal of Symbolic Computation. 30 (2): 221–236. doi:10.1006/jsco.1999.0355.
- "Epsilon 0.618". Wang.cc4cm.org. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- Wang, Dongming (2001). Elimination Methods. Wien New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Wang, Dongming (2004). Elimination Practice: Software Tools and Applications. London: Imperial College Press.
- Wang, Dongming (1990). "A class of cubic differential systems with 6-tuple focus". Journal of Differential Equations. 87 (2): 305–315. Bibcode:1990JDE....87..305D. doi:10.1016/0022-0396(90)90004-9.
- Jin, Xiaofan; Wang, Dongming (1990). "On the conditions of Kukles for the existence of a centre". Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society. 22 (1): 1–4. doi:10.1112/blms/22.1.1.
- Christopher, C. J.; Lloyd, N. G. (1990). "On the paper of Jin and Wang concerning the conditions for a centre in certain cubic systems". Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society. 22 (1): 5–12. doi:10.1112/blms/22.1.5.
- Chen, Xiaoyu; Song, Dan; Wang, Dongming (2015). "Automated generation of geometric theorems from images of diagrams". Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence. 74: 333–358. arXiv: . doi:10.1007/s10472-014-9433-7.
- "Mathematics in Computer Science – incl. option to publish open access". Springer.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "Science China Information Sciences". Springer.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.